{14} Who is he...?

1-3, 1-3, 1-3...

Kasamatsu Yukio walked down the corridor of the freshmen building, checking the number plates of the classrooms. It's only two weeks away from the summer break and the term end exams were nearing.

Got ya!

He stood in front of class 1-3 and then peeked through the door. There was only one girl sitting alone on the 5th row, burying her head in a book in concentration. He stumbled back to the corridor.

Arrh! Where are all the other students?!

He pressed his back against the wall beside the door and inhaled.

Okay, Yukio. Don't be a coward. Only one question. Where's Kise? No, not that one, he's not here anyway. Where's Kise's seat? Ah! Why do I have to do this?! Just get over it!

He sighed and stepped inside, taking a deep breath. He made his way toward the girl and cleared his throat, trying to get her attention.

"Ahem, ah excuse me? Can you show me w-where's Kise's s-seat?"

Phew...

"It's right here."

The girl told him, without taking her eyes off of her book. She had her head propped up on one of her hands and a pen twirling in the other, looking bored. All the students went to gym class since she hadn't got her new gym uniform yet, Ruka was staying back in class, trying to figure out math problems. That's so not helping her boredom.

Kasamatsu looked at where the girl jerked her thumb and pulled out a folded paper from his back pocket. He grabbed a book on the desk and sure enough, it was Kise's. He placed the paper inside the book letting a bit of it visible to outside so Kise'd notice it right away.

"Wow... even guys give him love notes... interesting."

Kasamatsu twitched.

"What?! Are you on crack? That's the new training schedule dummy!"

He was so mad that he even forgot he's talking to a girl.

The auburn haired girl stopped twirling her pen and finally gave her full attention to the yelling teen. Her eyes went wide, pointing at him.

"YOU!"

Kasamatsu blinked and turned around to see if there's someone else or if she's pointing at him.

"Um...me?"

"Yes! You offered me your oversized plaid hankie with sleeves the other day, remember?"

Kasamatsu tilted his head to the side, trying to remember. Ah!

"That was you?!"

"Yeah... maybe you can't recognize me without an ice-cream beard, hehe..."

She grinned, making Kasamatsu crack a half smile too. She's not mad at me for that... That's when it hit him like a lightning bolt.

She's damn cute! OH NO!

And he's having a conversation with her without stuttering! Is it because he wasn't really planning to have one in the first place? He was stuck, completely. Now he's staring at her long auburn hair in a perfect single braid, which seemed like glowing in the sunlight and her deep hazel orbs held his gaze without breaking. He felt he's starting to sweat.

"Uh, make sure Kise gets the note."

He said hurriedly and took a step back and wiped his hands on the back of his pants and turned to leave.