{9} The Chase

I drop in with my face to the wind

Spin 180 for the win

But I can't find my feet

It's like I lost the beat

Midair and there's no plan B's

Hit the streets...

"How's your arm?" Kasamatsu asked as they exited the stadium and walked down the street to find a vending machine.

"Well, it's working. Want me to test it on ya?" Ryuu asked, smirking while flexing his right arm.

"If you wanna get it broken again, go ahead."

He spotted a drinks vending machine near some alleyway. It started getting dark; he thought it should be around 8 o'clock by now. There was only a single light pole near the vending machine, with a flickering light bulb.

"Nah... I'll pass since you're treating me." Ryuu replied eying his best friend who was searching his pant pockets in front of the vending machine.

"Uh... do you have any quarters?"

Ryuu lifted an eyebrow.

"Oi, don't try to rob me here, it's your treat remember?"

"Well, I don't have any coins, see?" he pulled out his empty pockets inside out and smirked.

"Then check your bag! Don't look at me, bastard!"

"I didn't bring my wallet either." Kasamatsu knocked on the glassed front of the machine and held out the other hand to the jade green-eyed teen, expecting to give him some money.

"You really... aarrgh! Get out!" he shoved a smirking Kasamatsu out of the way, pulling some coins out. He tossed one of the Pepsi cans to his friend, who caught it in midair.

"Thanks, dude."

"Thanks, my ass... you're gonna pay double whe_"

"Well well well... who would've thought we'd run into you of all people in a place like this? Huh?"

Both teens turned their heads toward the sound of the voice. Dark silhouettes of people began to emerge from the alley. They couldn't make out the faces, but there were at least 10 people slowly surrounding them, trapping them.

"Who the hell are you?" Kasamatsu asked in a low voice, narrowing his eyes, slowly stepping closer to Ryuu, who was doing the same thing, until they came back to back. That was pure instinctive move.

"Heeh? But we already send you a warm greeting neh..." the guy sighed loudly. "Haven't your friend told ya?" the guy stepped into the light revealing himself.

Kasamatsu's eyes went wide recognizing the ponytailed guy who he met before, the quarterback of Azabu high school.

"You broke his arm... on purpose." It wasn't a question, a statement. Kasamatsu balled his fists, glaring at the ponytail guy. He didn't know what the reason for doing something like that was, but he couldn't stand the idea of his friend getting hurt by this low life.

"I won't forgive you"

Ryuu's mind was racing. As soon as Akuma emerged from the alley, he knew this is going to be ugly. He doesn't want Yukio to know that this guy was Akuma and his purpose of coming here. He knew if he couldn't stop him, Yukio's gonna end up in a fight and will be banned from playing basketball again. That would break Yukio forever. He had to make him stop from fighting.