{15} Tutoring the Idiot

"Kobori, did you collect the papers?"

Kasamatsu asked as he walked into his vice captain's class, 3-2, all the while sipping a can of Pepsi.

"Yup. All the mid-term test answer papers of freshmen are here. I didn't go through them, wanna take a look?"

"Yeah, give me Kise's"

He made himself comfortable, sitting on Kobori's desk. The tall center of Kaijo flipped through the papers and slipped out a bundle marked as 'Kise Ryouta' and handed it to his captain. Kasamatsu's eyes went wide and nearly choked on his drink. He put aside the Pepsi can and hurriedly flipped through Kise's test papers.

"What the...! I knew he's a fucking idiot, but how can he _how can he possibly get a 12 for math?! And... and 17 for science! I don't believe this! If he scores like this on the term-end exam as well he won't be able to go to the summer camp!"

He slammed the papers on Kobori's desk and leaned.

"We HAVE to make him rank above the bottom 100. Arrh! Why our Ace has to be this dumb!"

"But Kasamatsu, how are we gonna do that? I mean it's only a week left before the exams, and we have to study too." Kobori stated, remembering that he hadn't even touched a book in weeks.

"Tche, we can manage our scores. Just getting an average over 50% is enough to get away from attending the summer school."

He began to pace in front of his friend, hands dug deep into his pockets.

"But that moron has to work his ass off to get a decent enough mark for the term-end exams"

He placed his hands on either side of the desk with an evil smile playing on his lips, which made Kobori flinch.

"I know what to do. Bring Moriyama and Nakamura to the gym after school. I'll drag Kise with me."

XXXXXXXXXX

"Senpai, why are we at the gym? Didn't we get released from all the club activities because of the term-end exams?"

Kasamatsu ignored him as the other three players joined them.

"Okay, let's go."

Kise looked from his captain to the others, confused.

"Go where?"

"To the library" Kasamatsu said turning toward him. "So you can explain how you managed to get these remarkable scores on your mid-term test!"

He yelled and smacked him on the head with the test papers.

"Ow!"

They settled down on a far table in the library surrounding Kise. He felt like he's facing the firing squad.

"I don't get it senpai! Why do I have to get good grades if I can play basketball?"

"Shut up! You're not allowed to talk!"

"Actually Kasamatsu, you're not allowed to talk either. We're in the library you know."

Moriyama put in. Kise wasn't ready to back down yet.

"I'm going to be a professional basketball player; I don't know why I have to learn Japanese history or geometry for that!"

Kasamatsu sighed.

"I don't know what makes you so dumb, but it really works, and it makes me want to kick you!"

He kicked him under the table, getting a satisfying yelp from the blonde.