You Amaze Me In So Many Ways ; 14 (Beth)

"So what happened last night?" Sadie asked, pursing her lips.
"Nothing, why would you ask?"
"Every single time you look at Derek, you blush."
"I do not!"
Looking up at Derek and Mark who were getting our food, I felt my cheeks get hot.
"Okay, okay. We may have done stuff."
"Stuff like what?"
"You know, stuff."
She raised her eyebrows and I laughed.
"I'm not gonna tell you, that's weird."
"Alright, alright."
Derek and Mark walked back with our food and Derek slid in next to me.
"Your bagel and drink, my dear."
"Thank you."
Mark just shook his head and I looked at him funny.
"What?"
"Oh nothing."
"No seriously. What?"
"I'm just glad I wasn't home last night."
My jaw dropped and I looked over at Derek.
"What did you tell him?"
"Nothing. He figured it out for himself."
"Liar!"
"No, I actually did figure it out."
"How?"
"Well for one, you were half dressed when you came down the stairs. Two, Derek never asks me when I came home."
I smacked Derek on the chest.
"Stop hitting me, I'm gonna have bruises."
"You deserve it."
I took a bite of my bagel and Sadie laughed.
"This is not funny."
"Never said it was!"
I pouted and continued eating my bagel.
"Babe."
"I'm eating."
"I'm aware."
"Then let me be."
Derek put his hands up in defense and turned his attention back to Mark and Sadie. About 20 minutes into breakfast, I received a text from Sadie.
'What's wrong?'
I looked at her and she narrowed her eyebrows.
'I'm annoyed'
'I can see that, Derek didn't do anything wrong, you guys didn't do anything wrong'
'I know, I'll talk to him later'
She just nodded at me and smiled.
~~~~~
"Derek I'm not mad at you."
"You know, when you're mad you do this cute thing where you pretend that you aren't mad. And quite frankly, it's annoying."
"I'm not mad, I'm annoyed. I don't like people knowing about our personal lives and whether or not we had sex. It's our business, no one else's."
"Mark lives here, Bethany. There is nothing that we can control with him living here. Unless you want to do stuff in the car, which I don't recommend."
I shook my head, "You don't get it."
"Bethany, we're dating. And when people date, they do stuff. Mark knows that and he doesn't judge us whatsoever. Either does Sadie."
"I just want to keep it private, is that too much to ask?"
He stood there speechless as I walked passed him and downstairs to the living room. Sitting down on the couch, Mark looked at me and removed his headphones.
"Are y'all done fighting yet?" He asked, and I glared at him. "He has a point you know."
"No he doesn't because he doesn't get what I'm saying. So you can keep you and your biased opinion over there. I'm going for a walk."
Mark shook his head and I stood up, walking down the street. I wasn't sure where I was going, but I just kept walking. 20 minutes later I arrived at the dance studio somehow. Walking into our studio for the week, I sat down. I turned my phone on Bluetooth and started playing the song we danced to for our Vietnamese Waltz. Leaning back against the mirror, I sighed.
"I knew I would find you here." Derek's voice made me jump. "Beth."
I looked at him and he made his way towards me, taking a seat.
"What?"
"Look at me." I turned my head towards him. "I'm sorry okay? I didn't find it to be such a big deal but it is to you, and I should have realized that back there. Forgive me."
I looked down at my fingers, and he sighed.
"Okay." I mumbled.
I could almost feel his smile.
"Thank you." I lifted my head and looked at him. "If and when we do actually have sex, it'll be between you and I. Okay?"
I nodded and he pulled me in for a hug.
"I don't like fighting with you." I said under my breath.
"I know baby, I know."
"I'm sorry."
"It's my fault, not yours."
I nodded and let go of him.
"While we're here, we might as well dance."
He smiled a bit and nodded, "Why not."
I took my shoes off and joined him in the middle.
"I think we should work on our contemporary first, fits our emotions right now."
"Okay."
He started pointing out steps and demonstrating them for me.
"Okay?"
"Yeah."
"Alright let's try it out."
We walked through the first part and it was beautiful.
"We're gonna be using a prop with this."
"What kinda of prop?"
"Picture frame."
"Okay."
He wrapped his hands around my waist, and pulled me closer to him. I blushed and looked down.
"What?"
"I just can't believe that I get to call you my girlfriend. You amaze me in so many ways."
"Awe."
He leaned in and our lips connected. I felt butterflies in my stomach as the kiss deepened. He pulled away and smiled, letting go of my waist.
"Alright, back to dance."
~~~~~
I hope y'all enjoyed! It's so cool to post another part and have another thousand reads. So awesome! Thank you guys so much!! Feedback is greatly appreciated 😊😊