Epilogue:

Jac POV:

        It was hard to imagine it had been 10 years since my accident. It was also 10 years ago my mom made us move from all my friends including my best friend Mike. She gave no explination we just got up and left. We moved to California in order to as she said "refresh our lives after my inncidsent", however I always suspected it had to do with more than just that. I was 19 now and had just finished my year of B.U.D.S to train to become a navy seal.

        I am currently driving in my new challenger headed to see my mother for the first time in a year. I pulled up the dirt driveway to her little farm on the edge of the general population.

        I walked towards the door and before I could even raise my fist to knock my mom came running outside and nearly tackled me. The funny thing is that even with all my seal training my mom still managed to bear hug me like the hulk.

        "Oh sweetie I missed you so much, they didn't hurt you did they out there because if they did I swear I will-" She threatened but I cut her off.

        "No mom they did not hurt me." I said chuckling at my mom who talks about protecting me even though I was a trained soldier.

        "Oh dear i'm so sorry I just worry about you all the time since your accident." She said for what was probably thousandth time but I new she was just being a loving mother.

         I felt a weird tingly sensation on the back of my neck and turned to face the wooded area in front of the house and thought I saw a pair of glowing yellow eyes stairng back at me.

        I must have been in a daze for a while because my mother ake me if I was okay.

        "Yeah, mom im fine." I replied.

        A look of hope passed over her face and she said "Did you remember something?"

        To anyone who had never been around my mom and me the question may have seemed weird, however she constantly asked this question ever since my coma. I used to ask why she asked this question but she always dismissed me with a look of disappointment and said nothing. These days I just give up and give the simple and short answer.

        "Umm... no." I said deciding to not make her paranoid and ignore the eyes.

        We walked inside and I caught up with my mom for the rest of the day. It was nice being with her after a full year of being away.

        For dinner she made her famous fried chicken. It was not actually famous that was just the name I gave it because it was so amazing.

        We sat down on the couch to eat and watched a move together until she fell asleep and me soon after.

        The next day she put me to work on the farm the whole day until about five o'clock when the sun started goung diwn.

        "asphspahspa" I heard whispers coming from the forest.

        Everything was silent after I heard the whispers. Then a black smoke like fog started to seep out of the woods.

        I drop the shovel I was holding and bolted to where my mom was.

        "Mommmmm!" I shouted.

        "Jacob what are you yelling about." She said looking at me like I had lost it.

        "There is some kind of black smoke coming out of the woods." I said in what I knew was a panicky voice.

        Instead of calling me crazy she grabbed my hand and proceeded to bring me inside the house.

        She locked the door and told me to wait in the living room and left to go get something in her room. She emerged holding a box with engravings on the top.

        "Mom what is happening here?" I said getting scared for the first time in a  year.

        She opened her mouth to speak but then came a horrible screeching noise on the deck outside.

        Then came a boom as if a cannon had been fired at the hosue everything shattered. I was laying on the ground with my arm over my mother.

        "MOM RUUNNN!"I said looking at the dark blurry figure coming towards the both of us.

        When I was certain my mom had made it out I knocked over a desk to block our attackers way and ran with her. When we made it outside I monitored my speed so I didn't out run her however surprisingly she almost out ran me when I did that so I ran full speed.

        We made it as far as the driveway before the pursuers surrounded us. They seemed to have no definite shape and they wore hoods and were on some sort of horse like creatures.

        "Pew" a high pitched wirring noise peirced the air as an arrow flew at my chest. I closed my eyes and waited to die however faster than I thought was possible I caought the arrow and it vanished.

        "Woah?" I said amazed at my reflexes.

        The attackers paused for a moment in what I imagined was also surprise, but then continued to advance.

        The box my mom was holding started glowing and started transforming into a bracelet around my mother's arm. She looked at me while craddiling my face and ran foward. The way my mother fought was more advanced than some seals my age.

        I tried to fight to but a bunch of whatever these thing were pinned me down and started throwing punches at my face.

        As I layed broken and battered I watched in horror as an arrow struck my mothers back and she fell to the ground.

        "MOOOOMMMMMM!" I yelled holding back tears.

        I tried to move but the creatures still had a strong grasp on my arms.

         She started violentley convulsing and black marks appeared in her face. Her arms shortended and other pieces of her body started getting smaller as if she had a black hole inside her. She was dieing right in front of my eyes and I couldn't do anything, eventually the arrows effects ended but the damage was done. Before she took her last breath she threw her bracelet at me and it transformed into a silver ring and said "Find the others with the ring *cough* *cough* and always remember I love you Jacob". I noticed her face was no longer with purpose it was a blank look and I knew she was gone.

        I was dumfounded. I could not believe she was gone but the confusion was replaced with anger and I felt a warmth inside myself that was distantly familiar. I stood up figures backed away. I started to lift into the air as dark orange strands cracked on my skin. Memories flooded my mind about a team and Nixes but the one thing that stood out was.....I was going super mode.