Chapter 13: Half-bloods

Jac POV:

        Its been three weeks since Emily went in super mode, apparently she had a great time meditating alone. She had gotten out of the isolation room later on the same week. Ever since Emily was released from isolation Sensei has been training her separate, he may not admit it but he is obviously really stressed, seeing as how he has to give Emily her private lessons and give us the group lesson, and between all this remain an active member of the council. For me, or any one for that matter it would be too much but Sensei still manages. During last week the healing Nixes cleared me so I was out of the wheelchair. All we did pretty much that week was practice hand to hand combat, i'd like to say me and Kevin are equally matched but even if our matches always end up in a tie i'm always drained in the end. Today me and Mike were getting our weapons.

        "Okay Jac and Micheal today we choose your chosen weapon. Gentlemen as you remember Justin has his shield, Kevin his swords, and Emily her daggers. Every Nix has a respective weapon that was meant for them. People may have the same type weapon but once one person has touched theirs they will have that connection to it forever. Today we are going to search for yours."

        Suddenly Sensei disappeared out of thin air, but as quickly as he vanished he reappeared carrying a box the size of a big treasure chest.

        "Sensei how will we know we've found our weapon." I said excited to reciecve a weapon and have another way to kill Dilfar for what he did to my family.

        "You and Micheal will spar with different weapons until you find the one that you feel connected to."

        With that final statement we began. I picked up the first one I saw which was a spear, and Mike picked up mace. I felt no connection with the spear I had chosen whatsoever, but I still got into my fighting stance.

        Mike attacked first, he lazily swung his mace and it made contact with my spear snapping it immediately, I tried to use the sharp end to hit his mace but something weird happened and instead of the mace faling out of his hand as I had planed it opened straight down the middle and black orb of plasma grew from the center.

        BOOM!

        I felt like some one had just knocked the wind out of me when the orb touched my skin, however instead of killing me as it should have, it deteriorated like a slug when you pour salt on it when it hit me.

        We all stood silent as a moment to evaluate what had just happened.

        "Mr. Dread in the long run I think we would all appreciate it if you not channel your powers through a weapon if you don't believe it is the right one."

        I expected way more of a reaction than that but Sensei told us to continue and said I could change my shirt later which now had a hole in the center exposing my new muscles to Emily.

        I tried to argue but Sensei said for me to continue.

        The first match was pretty much how the rest of the fight went, excluding any black orbs of destruction and death. In the middle of the choices Mike discovered his weapon he had these two boomerang like weapons that were circles with a handle in the middle so in close quarters combat he could slash the sharp outer edges at his opponents. We went on even after he found his and I was getting really frustrated that I couldn't find my weapon. After we had gone through the whole box I still hadn't found my weapon.

        "This is useless Sensei is it possible I don't have a weapon." I said collapsing on the ground in frustration.

        Sensei smiled like he had a realization and disappeared again, when he appeared again he carried a box it had a lot of dust so I figured it was not opened for a while.