Chapter 23

Kanade's POV

That Sasori was an asshole. Ugh. I wonder if the rest are okay. Especially Lerius though... I better rush there now. While zooming past a tree, I saw a figure hiding and turned to look at it.

But I was too late. The figure disappeared. Yet somehow I think I've seen the figure before. Anyway, shaking off that thought, I sped up and before I knew it we've reached where Lerius and the rest were.

That's weird. I could've sworn my speed wasn't as fast as I thought it is. How was it that I was able to catch up so fast? Okay, nevermind about that now. Seems like Lerius and the rest has settled this part too but they were also hurt.

Slowly but steadily, we carried them back and settled them down at the hospital for a small checkup. As they were doing that, I went back into the forest to find him.

~Time Skip~

"So have you made a decision, Itachi-san?" I asked the wandering Uchiha.

"Hn." Was the reply from the elder Uchiha.

"I take it as a yes then. I shall be off now, Itachi-san."

~Fastforward~

In my comfy house on my soft and cushy bed, I tried to relax my mind a little more. I even took a warm bath. I should probably go to the hot springs?

"Hey, how's it going?" Lerius closed the door behind him to enter my room. "Fine I guess, just watching some news." I gave him a reassuring smile. "Hm, I see. Look I have something to tell you." He said, giving me his best to-become-serious look.

"Alright, I'm listening." I answered him as I angled my body towards him. "Well you see." He scratched his neck to signal he is a little shy. But wait, shy? "I-I have been thinking whether to tell you this or not for a long time..." He continued on.

"I-It's about us... and I just wanted to tell you that... uhh" He kept stammering but I think I know where this is going. "I like you. Will you be my girlfriend?" And... he said it! So straightforward! How sweet~

But.

"Lerius." I called out to him while stading up and facing my back to him as I looked out of the window. I could sense him preparing for a rejection but that's not what I'm going to do.

"Y-yes? Y-you don't have to give me an answr now b-but-"

"No Lerius. You don't know how long I've been wanting to hear those words coming out from your mouth. I'm really glad to be your girlfriend but all I can say now is...

I accept. But you will have to wait until the war here is over before we can officially announce ourselves together, alright?" I turned around to him and at that moment he jumped onto me and gave me a huge hug.

"Thank you and yes Ma'am!" He saluted. We both laughed together in unison and just fell asleep after that.

///A week later///

"Shinra Tensei."