Chapter 18

As we headed to Ichiraku's, I saw Naruto and his team eating there too. Not really surprised.

"Oh yes, before I forget... Happy Birthday, Kanade." Lerius handed me a small box, when I shook it there was a clink sound.

"Thanks Leri-kun."

"I've been waiting to hear that from you. And remember to open it only beside me when I'm asleep."

"Why?"

"You'll find out *wink*"

"Okay. Order your food already!" I punched him on the side with a friendly gesture.

He said 'alright, alright!' And we laughed together.

"I've never seen you smile or talk so much , Kana-chan. Who is that?" Naruto told me. "That is true Naruto-kun. That's probably because none of you try to know me better. And this is Lerius by the way."

He kept silent, feeling a little bit guilty. "He's my team mate." "Yo, nice to meet you. Naruto." Lerius greeted. "Same to you! Lerius..."

"Just Lerius is fine." He smiled back. "Ah... Lerius."

"Careful with that guy in black. He calls people nicknames he can think of." I warned him.

"Oh I see. No worries I know how to deal with him." He whispered back in assurance.

"Hi assh*le. You look dickless. Not really looking forward to working with you but it's mostly a pleasure to meet you." Sai 'greeted'.

There was a moment of silence. Naruto and Sakura sweatdropped. I facepalmed. Lerius didn't even flinch, which was very normal. Instead, he smiled and said.

"Hi ugly b*tch you don't really seem like a well person to collaborate with. I hope that colour of your skin washes off soon as it looks as if you are about to sh*t your pants through my reaction. I like your guts, pleasure to meet you too."

And so, everyone jaw dropped after hearing Lerius' small speech. The both of them just smiled at each other and Lerius, still concealing his anger, even put his hand out to shake Sai's hand.

They shook hands and then sat down to continue their lunch, in awkward silence. I shook my head once again and sat with him. He always lifts my mood.

I want to play... the violin...

Name: Lerius Claude

Age: 17

Role: Fire bender and Earth bender

Description: Has been the Avatar's friend since young. Trained together, played together. Is now part of the Avatar's own team.

Hates: People who start wars. Liars. When his team or family gets hurt. Things that are loud.

Loves: Ice cream. His team. Sweet and cute things

Skills: Fire bending, Earth bending and special eye technique that can cause people to see things/their vision to get blurry.

Weapon: Double sharp blade and lightning boomerang (his birthday present from Kanade)

Looks: Red hair, aqua-green eyes, fit and warm body wears brown boots, redish shirt with sling to put his boomerang, a small bad beside his waist to put his blade. (favourite outfit)

My closest friend and the one who understands me the most.

"The meal was delicious! Thanks Kanade!" He grinned widely.

"You're welcome. Let's go back to my house and let me go take my stuffs before we start my special training." I smirked at him again.

"Don't go easy because I won't too." He warned sneakily.

"I have to at least go easy on you a little. If not you'd die."

"I guess that's true. Haha. That would be the last thing I wish for you to do to me."

"Of course. We still need you, too. Fire Prince." I winked to him and walked away smiling.

Lerius' POV

The way she smiled and wink at me... it makes my heart race. I know I have been in love with her almost all my life, yet I just can't seem to bring myself to say it.

I wonder if... it would affect our friendship...

Kanade's POV

Lerius seem to be a little off guard. In his own land again? He's so cute when he does that... but dad never considers him as my future husband.

Not that he holds any grudges agains him. He treats him like a good drinking buddy and all... I only wish he allow me to make him my fiancé... Also that he will accept me as his wife. My longest crush of all times, Lerius. I wonder if I confess, will it affect our friendship?

A/N: Getting interesting aye? Find out next week! stay tuned! (4/11/14)