38

I sat down next to a very worried looking Braxton. He grabbed my hand and kissed it, "I need you to know that I'm going to make sure everything is alright, and that you don't have to worry about anything." He said to me.

I still didn't know what was going on, but I know Braxton well enough to believe in him. "I trust you."

He gave me a sweet kiss before the sound of his mother's front door opening made us both stand.

"Braxton, what's going on?" Elise's dad Richard asked as Rebecca and two other adults followed behind them. "When Harper called I knew something was up."

Braxton grabbed my hand once more before he spoke, "I've been having this weird feeling over the past week, but it wasn't until tonight when Harper tried to call Ellie that things got bad fast."

"What are you saying sweetie?" Priscilla asked, her sister in law sitting right next to her for support.

"I know Elise...and no matter what time or wherever she is she will always respond to her best friends calls, but tonight she didn't answer when Harper called her so I tried to link up with her and I couldn't connect to her."

A couple of gasps filled the room before the distinct sound of Rebecca and the other woman sobs came forth.

"A-are you certain?" Richard asked, his words thick with emotion.

Braxton looked away from his uncle and I gave his hand a small squeeze to let him know I was still here for him.

"When I couldn't reach her, I know that Vance will always obey an order being one of my Elite 30, so I pushed the order for him to respond to me and he did, but it was faint and sounded a bit struggled, and all he said was 'help' before the connection was lost again."

"So there's hope." The man who's wife was crying alongside Rebecca.

"I am personally going out to find them and do whatever I need to, to bring them both back."

I looked up at him, the pit of my stomach suddenly feeling very heavy with nerves. My worried eyes betraying me as Braxton leaned down and kissed my hair.

"don't worry Gorgeous, I'll be fine...and while I'm away I'm going to ask you to move into my old bedroom here with my mom."

Of course I wanted to protest, 'I hardly know this lady' I thought. 'so I'm just suppose to put my life on hold to worry about you while you run off to God knows where?'

But this pull thingy made it impossible to voice my concerns or opinions so I merely nodded.

But My Braxton could tell something was off with me, "I know your worried Gorgeous, and so am I, but I can't go bring Ellie and Vance back knowing you're in danger...and you staying here means I know you'll be protected."

"How?" I finally asked.

"My pack might not know you're their future Luna, BUT they know my mother is the Dowager Luna and they will always protect and listen to her until the day you step into your proper role as MY Luna."

I looked up into his beautiful warm eyes, so many question running through my mind, but I simply hugged him and gave him a final kiss goodbye, I knew he was going and I was staying and I could only hope that he would return back to me, Ellie and Vance in tow.

_____

Vance's POV

I woke up to the most intense pain of my brain being stabbed, and suddenly Braxton's Alpha voice hit my entire subconscious, 'REPLY TO ME.'