28

"Don't you ladies look lovely" Priscilla said happily after she greeted us and ushered the both of us inside.

"Thank you for having us over Mrs Ocklan."

"Oh sweetheart, none of that...its Priscilla." She smiled and pulled my arm through hers gently.

As we walked and Priscilla was busy talking with Rebecca (Ellie's mom) I chanced looking up and did in fact see just a bit of a slight scar. If I craned my neck more I could probably see the whole thing but I didn't want to risk getting caught.

This of course brought forward even more worries. When I do take Braxton's mark (because lets face it...there isn't anything I wouldn't do for that guy) what would his mother think...knowing we'd not only marked each other but also had sex?

Or what would my parents think...sure they won't know Braxton and I had sex, but they'd see a scar and know something happened...How would I even play that off?

I couldn't say I burnt myself with a curling iron...I rarely use one. Plus I don't really care to lie to them all that much anyway...really I just hate keeping track of what I may have told someone.

As My worries carried on and grew to even more scenarios we sat down at the table and in no time a beautiful spread of various foods were brought out on elegant platters and served accordingly.

I ate this and that and enjoyed the hot coffee. The conversations grew and before I knew it the brunch was done.

"Harper dear, may I have a word alone?" Priscilla asked softly.

Nervous as all heck, I stepped away from Elise and followed Priscilla into a very masculine office.

"Oh please try and calm yourself sweetheart, you have nothing to fear from me." She smiled before she walked over to a desk and stroked it lovingly. "This was my husbands office, Braxton use to love to sneak in here when he was a boy."

I couldn't help but smile as Priscilla spoke of happier memories.

"It's seems like only yesterday that my husband and I brought Braxton to this vary house from the hospital." She smiled with a far off look as she seemed to be seeing her own memory. Then she sighed and smiled much more softly at me now, "now he's a grown man having his own house built, leading our pack just like his father had before him, and happily, my sweet boy has fallen in love."

I gasped, "I'm not so sure, I mean, it's kind of soon."

She looked at me and a small laugh fell out of her mouth delicately, "oh my dear girl, I know my son well and I can honestly say I've never seen him with another female the way he is with you...granted you are his mate, but just the way you two are when you're around one another tells me enough, and I simply wanted to take this moment to say thank you for making my son happy, he is truly lucky to have you in his life Harper."

A small blush crept forward, "I think it's me who's the lucky one ma'am."

She cupped my face tenderly and looked at me for a moment, "this can't be easy for you, being thrust into our world...but thank you for at least staying by Braxton's side...he's going to need you, not only to complete our pack...but to keep himself grounded and honest, make sure you keep him fair as well my dear."

I didn't quite know what all she was talking about but I nodded my silent agreement anyways, of course I'd want Braxton to be the best version of himself if possible and I'd do what I could to ensure everyone sees that.

After that she showed me back to the foyer where Elise was patiently waiting for me (her mom had taken off already), we both bid Braxton's mother farewell and then we got into the car.