16

Braxton's POV:

---

"You look in better spirits." Ryder said as I entered the Frat house.

"I had a very nice distraction from all the bullshit." I admitted. "Any new leads?" I asked.

Another girl had turned up dead, and because it is a small town, the local police was involved. It isn't a huge deal considering some of my pack members are part of the human police department, but it's still a hassle when it comes to them snooping around the woods, they muck up the scent of the wolf in question.

"Sorry Brax," He said as he shook his head no. "But we've got our men setting up hideouts all through out the Junction woods and the Parker forest."

I nodded, "have some pack members keep an eye out around the local parks with woods as well, I'll take Henderson Park since it's closest to where my family stays."

Also it's close to where my gorgeous mate lives and I wouldn't risk her safety on anything...especially now that I know she runs every evening to and from that park.

"Speaking of family your mother called here looking for you." Ryder added, "she wants to start up Sunday dinners again and has invited you and I to come over."

"This sunday?" I sighed and he nodded, I knew I couldn't deny my mother this one request. "What time does she want everyone over?"

"7:30."

I nodded my head, "of course she does."

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"I asked Harper out for our first date this Sunday, it was suppose to be just her and I, now it looks like she will be meeting my mom on our first date."

"Two birds, one stone." He chuckled.

I shook my head, it definitely wasn't ideal but I had to agree, they would have to meet each other eventually, and I guess in this case it would be sooner rather than later.

_____

I walked around the pack house making sure the whole place was spotless.

The people who live in the pack house are usually over 18 and mateless. They all have jobs and unfortunately they are all extremely unclean.

"You made the mess you clean it up!" I shouted as they slowly cleaned up the pigsty of a house.

When everything was cleaned and put into proper order, the food and drinks were put out, the DJ set up out back and lights were being put up along with tables and chairs.

It seemed like the day had moved so slow, but in the blink of an eye people began arriving to the mixer. Everyone seemed to be having a good time and before I knew it my internal mating pull had me turning to face the side of the pack house.

Then there she was, looking adorable as ever in a simple outfit of jeans and a sweater. She spotted me and smiled, that smile alone could turn me into the weakest man on earth.

"Hi." She said softly as she approached me.

I hugged her tiny frame against my body. "I'm so glad you came." I confessed as I took the opportunity to inhale that intoxicating scent of hers.

I can never pinpoint the exact smells but it's a little zingy and fresh like a lemon, soft and sweet like a flower, and warm and lingering like something baking all wrapped up into one.

I let her go as our embrace was starting to gain onlookers.

"Is this your place?" She asked.

"Kinda," I replied a little unsure. "It's been in my family for years but it's really a house for community members who are too old to live with their parents or for those who don't have parents." I filled her in, "it's rent free so it helps them out financially and we also have older community members who come and talk with them about school or jobs."