10

Braxton's POV:

---

"S-so are you serious about liking me?" She squeaked unsurely.

I was removing the last of the over grown branches when she asked this absurd question. I had just told her so not even five minutes ago, in front of everyone might I add.

Sure no one was actually looking at us, the fact of the matter is when I saw Harper in her bikini I didn't want another guy looking at her so I ordered all the guys to ignore my mate while she's in her bikini (and yes I proudly told them she is my mate). But as they're wolves I knew they could hear every single word exchanged between us.

The only person out of the loop now is her friend Mariah, but she's so guy obsessed that I doubt she would notice anyways.

"I do, I don't know how I can express it more than I already have." I said before I turned around.

I saw her amazing figure being shown off spectacularly in the very flattering swimwear. But it's her face, her warm brown eyes, that melt my entire resolve.

I openly stared at her and I didn't care who saw. I would look at her forever if I could, allowing my eyes to feast upon her radiant beauty.

'MATE'

I made a drastic decision without much thought, I threw the hedge clippers down, I stepped forward and walked up to her. I placed my right hand on her waist while I took her precious face into my left hand.

I let my thumb stroke her cheek, "so beautiful." I said lowly as I bent down and kissed her lips.

If I thought her kissing my cheek was great, this kiss was a thousand times better.

At first she just stood there while I kissed her, then her arms slowly snaked around my neck as her soft lips moved with mine perfectly, I now had to bend down significantly but both of my arms wrapped tightly around her waist like I was scared she would somehow disappear if I let her go.

I licked her bottom lip for entrance but I heard someone approaching before she offered it, so I unwillingly pulled away, electric currents still making my lips feel alive with her kiss.

I may have stopped kissing her but I left my arms in place, so when Mariah and one of the new guys, Jared walked over my mate tensed up.

"Oh uh, sorry, Al-uh Braxton." He said as he immediately turned around pulling Mariah with him.

"I want to apologize for stealing your kisses." I said, I suddenly remembered that Ellie had mentioned my mate had never had a boyfriend before, and as shy as she seems to be, she's probably never kissed a guy either.

She had just experienced her first kiss.

I had stolen it from her...so much for taking things slow.

"I-it's okay." She sounded a bit breathless.

"No, your first kiss should have been better, more romantic or something." I insisted, I felt like shit now.

She placed her hand on my chest and looked up at me, the small actions demanded my attention so I looked down into her pretty eyes.

"That was better than anything I could've ever dreamed of." She confessed, a happy glint in her eyes.

"I like you a lot Harper, I don't know if you can feel it but..." I hesitated and decided to go for it. "But I just feel amazing when you're around me, and every touch is sort of-"

"Magical."

I smiled and nodded, "exactly."

"I thought it was just me, do you feel the tingles as well?" She excitedly asked.