25

wills pov
-
mike had just kissed el and i was sick of it. i was sick of everything. kissing, relationships. everything. i have got to get out of here.

i sat my bottle of vodka down and just simply said "i'm going upstairs. i'll be back." before i ran upstairs.

once i was upstairs and in mikes room, i sat on his bed. i was probably way too drunk to be alone but oh well. we're already here.

i looked down at my feet and saw a folded, wrinkled piece of paper poking out from underneath the bed. my drunken suspicions got the best of me and i decided to pick it up.

and what i saw when i unfolded it shocked me.

june 29th, 1986

dear anyone,

im sorry, i dearly am. ive tried and ive tried to stay alive but i just cant. my best friend, also known as the boy i was in love with cant bear to speak with me. i dont even know why. i thought we were okay. we held hands. we kissed.

i was stupid to think that michael wheeler could ever love me back.

things arent going so good with my mental health either. ive tried to talk to my mom about it but i know that it would just stress her out.

if you're reading this, im sorry. things will be better after im gone.

sincerely, william byers.

it was my suicide note. my suicide note that i had wrote months ago, when mike and el were together. all the way back when i thought mike didn't love me.

why the hell did he have my suicide note? how did he have my suicide note.

i was so caught up in my own fury that i didn't even notice mike enter the room.

i heard a floorboard squeak and that's when i looked up to see mike, still standing in the doorway. "mike... why do you have this?" i said through my teeth, feeling myself getting angrier by the second.

"i can explain!" mike said, rushing over to me. he took the paper from my hands and he held onto it.

i looked at him in confusion before jerking it back. "what th- what do you mean you can explain?! you have my fucking suicide note you bastard!" i yelled.

he placed two fingers on my lips, silencing me. "shut up! you have to be quiet or else you'll wake my parents!" he exclaimed

i yanked his arm, removing his fingers from my face with my one free hand. "don't you ever touch me again." i said.

"will! i promise it's not what it looks like, okay? when i was over at your house one day, i saw it on the floor beside my backpack. i swear i thought it was mine. please will, you have to believe me." i pleaded.

he has to believe me. i would never intentionally steal anything from him. especially not something as serious as this. my heart absolutely broke when i read the note.

i didn't treasure many things in life, but i surely treasured will. i would do anything to make sure he was okay, and i did. i called to make sure he was okay the night i read the note.

"why should i believe you?" he asked, crossing his arms.

"because i care for you. i would never lie to you again. i know i've lied about stupid things in the past, but i truly have changed. i've vowed to myself to never lie to you again." i said

"okay." will said with a long sigh after.

he sat himself on my bed as he stared down at the note. i walked over towards him and i sat down right beside him. "are you okay?" i asked, looking him in the eyes.

he looked back at me, his eyes meeting with mine. "honestly? no." he said simply. "what about you?"

"honestly? no." i responded, repeating the same words that he had just said.

"wanna talk about it?" he asked. i shrugged my shoulders. "eh it's just stuff with my parents. my mom has been cheating on my dad for a while. my dad acts like he doesn't know but he really does. my mom is rarely here. only in the mornings." i sighed

"and there's also the fact that i really like this one person but i don't think that they'll ever like me back." i sighed, feeling butterflies in my stomach. did i really just say that to will? yes. did it really freak me out? yes.

"i'm sorry mike." he said, frowning and placing his head on my shoulder.

"yeah. everything happens for a reason i guess."

"so do you want to talk about it?" i asked, directing the subject back to him.

"sure i guess." he said, "i'm in denial of everything. i can't process things properly. like i know what happens to me. i do. i just can't...." he said, his voice breaking.

"you don't have to say anymore, will." i said , getting on my knees on the floor in front of him, so i could look him in eyes.

"nothing you've gone through is your fault, okay?" i told him, our eyes in contact.

"thank you mike." was all he said before he engulfed me in a hug.

"i love you so much." i whispered under my breath, so quiet that he could never hear.

-
wills pov
-
"i love you so much." i whispered under my breath. so quiet that he could never hear.

the end.

<3

SIKE