23

wills pov
-
mike somehow convinced his mom to pick us up from the movie store after everything had happened. saying that i was tired would be an understatement.

"hey, my moms gonna be here in just one second, okay will?" mike said, picking both of our backpacks up. i sleepily nodded in response and i sat myself upon the counter that i had been sitting on just a while earlier.

dustin and steve had left while everything was going down between me, harry, and will. it seemed like harry had secretly left out of the back door. so mike and i were all alone.

not for long though. the loud squeak of the familiar breaks of mrs. wheeler's car signaled us to come outside.

both mike and i walked outside to his mothers car and he opened the back door for me to get in. after i had scooted into the car, he slid in right after me.

"hey boys, did you get any cool movies today?" mrs. wheeler asked with a smile on her face.

"no, mom. we were just hanging out honestly. and we're really tired. we're probably just gonna go home and go to bed." mike said. that plan sounded perfect.

i tiredly laid my head on mikes shoulder and i sighed contently. the rest of the ride was a total blur. all i could remember was the feeling of mike stroking my hair before falling asleep.

-

my sleepy eyes slowly fluttered open to see a white, popcorn textured ceiling. the smell of bacon and toast from the kitchen caused me to wake from my deep sleep.

i went to stand up but then i felt myself being restricted by something. i looked over to my right to see mikes arm draped over my chest.

my heart fluttered at mikes adorable action and i turned over to face him. after my movement, he pulled his arm away from me and he shifted in his sleep.

i looked at his smushed, cute sleeping face. seeing his curls cover his forehead and his plump lips just made me want to give it all up and make me his.

but i couldn't.

i just couldn't possibly do that. we've already gone through so much. and after what just happened with harry... i don't know if there even is a possibility of me and mike happening.

mikes eyes slowly opened, catching me stare at him. a smile growing on his face, he cleared his throat "were you watching me sleep?" he questioned playfully.

"n-no! i wasn't i was just looking at your hair!" i said, stumbling over my words a bit as my cheeks turned apple red.

"you totally were. stalker." he said, rolling out out of bed.

i opened my mouth, but then closed it after realizing i had nothing to say. mike slipped on some socks and he walked towards the door. he stopped and then turned around to look at me, as if he was expecting me to follow him.

"you coming?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. i jumped up in realization and i slid on my shoes, following him down to the kitchen. his mom and nancy were in there, sitting at the table.

"hey sleepyheads! finally up from the dead?" mrs. wheeler called out with a welcoming smile. "very funny mom, we weren't asleep that long." mike said and playfully rolled his eyes.

"is ten hours not long to you guys? that's like almost half a day." nancy said. "thanks for the fact, genius." mike said. nancy soon became offended and they both started bickering back and forth. while they were dealing with -that- i began to think of the last thing i remembered from last night.

i didn't even remember being put to bed. all i could remember is mike carrying me to his room because i had fallen asleep in the car. my cheeks soon became blushed in red once again. it was impossible to hide.

"will, what are you blushing' about dear?" mrs wheeler asked me, smacking her lips. her comment just made me blush even more. "o-oh nothing i was just thinking about how i forgot to tell my mom that i was spending the night!"

"oh honey, she called and asked if you were here last night and i told her. you have nothing to worry about." the sweet lady smiled.

"oh okay. thank you for that." i said. "i'm actually kinda thirsty, can i get some water?" i asked standing up from my place at the table.

"mike! get your guest something to drink." mrs. wheeler insisted, swatting mikes arm.

i sat back down in my seat as mike rushed to get me something to drink. he soon brought me my glass of water back and i thanked him of his kind gesture.

-

for the rest of the day, me and mike just hung out at his house in the basement. it was a relaxed day. mike and i got a few opportunities to talk and catch up and just be together. that was all that i could ever ask for.

mike and i were currently sitting in his basement, watching tv and we both heard the phone ring from up stairs. both of our eyes diverted attention to the stairs as mrs. wheeler called out, "MIKE!! it's for you!"

"i'll be right back." mike said and patted my knee before he ran up the stairs to get the phone.

it was only a few minutes before he came back. he came back into the room with a huge smile on his face. "who was that?" i asked

"that was max. she said that everyone would be over in like 30 minutes." he said.

"oh yay! i haven't seen everyone in a while." i said, actually being excited over something for once

"yeah! it's going to be one huge sleepover, so do you wanna stay the night again?" mike asked.

"is that even a question? of course i do." i smiled.

-

o hi this was just a fluff chapter so hehe