the jock and the valedictorian(21)

I'm sooooo sorry that it has been forever since I last posted but things got busy. I won't make you guys wait any longer.

Enjoy =D

Chapter 21

Melanie's POV:

I can't stop crying. I want to know if Andrew is all right. I HAVE to know. I can't stand not knowing.

My throat hurts from crying and trying to scream. It's no use, no one can here me, no ones going to come. My grandma is at the hospital with my mom. She doesn't even know that we've been kidnapped. No one does. Thinking this only makes me cry harder.

It's still pitch black and I have no idea where they have taken us. Or even why they have taken us.

I hear a noise and I look around not seeing anything. I look around again and I see light. "I figure it was you making all that noise and to tell you the truth it's starting to bug me." And I hear him laugh. I realized he opened a door.

I try to speak but it was no use, I couldn't say anything. I fear for our lives.

Andrew's POV:

Why would anyone want to do something like this? I mean they can take me but why take her? She's done nothing wrong.

I hear this scraping sound I look around and I see that guy again. He was dragging something. I couldn't see it that well because it's so dark in here. I hear muffled screams. I realize that it's Melanie. WHAT is he going to do with her? I don't like where my thoughts were taking me.

He slid her chair a few feet in front of me. I can tell she has been crying but other than that it doesn't look like anything was wrong with her, she wasn't hurt. That put my mind at ease.

Another guy comes out nowhere and stands behind her chair. What are they going to do? The thought of them hurting her makes me grind my teeth and clench my hands into fists. The guy behind her holds her head towards me. I can't look her in the eyes. I don't want to see the scare in them and all the other things she must be feeling right now.

The other guy ripped the duct tape off her mouth, Melanie made a soft cry of pain. I struggle to get out of my bindings. "It's no use, Andrew. There is no way for you to get out," says one of the men. Okay, he knows my name so this wasn't some random kidnapping thing. "Andrew, why do you look so surprise? I thought you would know that this would happen?"

"What is he talking about, Andrew?" Melanie asks.

"Oh, you didn't tell her? Wow, I am surprise that you would keep something this big from her. You guys have been dating for what about four months?...Don't look shocked you know that you can't honestly think that we wouldn't be keeping tabs on you. Do you want to tell her or should I?" Seconds later before I can even do anything. "I think I'll tell her."

I finally look at Melanie, now she just looks confused. Tell her I'm sorry through my eyes. I hope she can forgive me.  The man goes on and says, "Well, once upon a time there was this boy and his name was Andrew. Andrew went to a very rich man to help him out. We don't know why he came to this man but we don't care. He can't give this man his money back and he sent out two of his men to get his money back. Then here we are." He pauses and looks at Melanie, "And we are going to use you to make sure we get the money."

He didn't even give her enough time to respond before he slapped her across her face. She yelps. I struggle and thrust around, I am not going to give up trying to break free. The guy behind her is still holding her head.

...........

They were still hurting her, more like the one guy is still hurting her and the other has kept holding her head in my direction so I can see her face. I am crying, I can't help it. I can't do anything to have them stop. I can't speak because of the duct tape. Plus, I haven't found a way to get out of my bindings.

He goes to elbow her in the stomach but he stops short, "What?" He looks at the guy behind her. "What did she say?"

"I don't know." The guy speaks for the first time.

He listens again, "Child?" The man lifts his head, "With child? What does she mean with child?"

I froze, "Idiot it means that she is pregnant." The other man says.

The man sneers, "Do you think it's his?" Motioning towards me. "You know how woman are these days." That just pissed me off. That man goes to smack her again but the guy behind Melanie stops his hand.

"What do you think you're doing? You can't hit her."

"Why not?"

"She's pregnant."

"And?"

"I told you that I don't mess with children or pregnant woman or old ladies and neither were you as long as I was your partner."

"God, your sticking by that?"

"Yes, and so are you." The other man jerks his hand away.

"How else are we suppose to get the job done?"

"You've done enough. We're finished here."

I look at Melanie, blocking out what they are saying, she looks ashamed and sorry. I just can't get out of my mind that she's pregnant. Pregnant with my child.

The next thing I know I heard a thud and I looked around and saw one of the guys on the floor knocked cold. I don't see the other man anywhere.

I see him pop up out from behind her chair and he goes down and cut her legs free. Then he comes toward me, "I'm going to let you go now." He walks to the back of my chair and cut the tape that was binding my hands together. I rip the tape from mouth and he cuts the tape from around my ankles.

After that I immediately go to Melanie, "I'm so sorry, baby. I should have told. Where do you hurt?" i wipe some of the blood of her cheek.

"I'm fine. I just need to get to the hospital."

"I'm calling the hospital now." I turn around to the man. He was telling them our location and to bring the cops.

"You're turning yourself in?" I ask.

"Yep, I'm done with this business. But if anyone asks you knocked us out and got free. So I need you to punch me."

"What?"

"Punch me so it looks like you knocked me out." I walk towards him.

"Andrew, don't do that. He was nice enough to let us go."

"Thanks ma'am but if my boss finds out that I turned us in he'll have us killed. That's why we have to keep this a secret."

"Why don't you just leave and let your boss that you got away."

"Because I don't mess with pregnant woman and I'm sorry for what I let him do to you. I don't want that mistake to happen, again. And I just can't walk away from my job, it's either you die or go to jail. I rather take the latter. Now, come on give me your best shot."

I have to punch him with my left hand because of my cast but I had enough force from what I just experienced. I knock him out cold and I got back to Melanie. I pull her into a hug and I'm never going to let her go. "So, you're pregnant." I look down at her.

********************

I am really really really sorry but finally I have posted.

This story is almost over.