the jock and the valedictorian (11)

*They're sitting in an enclosed space on the beach.*

Melanie's POV: (cont.)

He started coughing like he choked on his own spit. He clears his throat, "What?"

"Are you falling for me?" Andrew looks away from me. He either doesn't want me to know he feels this way or he doesn't want to hurt my feelings. "Baby, it's

okay if you're not."

He turns to me, "Baby? You've never called me baby, before."

"What? You don't like it?"

"No, that's not it." He's hesitant.

"Since you don't like baby. How about pookie?" We burst out laughing.

"God no, don't call me that."

"Maybe, teddy bear." I move to sit on his lap. "Yeah, I'll call you teddy bear. I NEED my teddy bear." I bring my lips to mine. Andrew leans me back onto the blanket. He props himself on his hands and captures my lips with his. I eagerly lift the hem of his shirt. He looks shocked but he didn't say anything, just kept going along. It has been a long time since we've made out like this; pulling at each others' clothes, kissing with some much passion and urgency. Like we couldn't get enough of one another at that moment. I wanted the moment to last forever; I never want it to end. I let him pull off my shirt; there it was the shocked face again. But I just pulled him in for another breath taking kiss.

I want to feel him; skin on skin.

I think it's time. I'm ready.

Andrew slides his hand across my stomach making me quiver. I massage his abs with my thumbs causing him to moan. He watches me cautiously as he

pulls my bra strap off my shoulder, waiting for me to protest. When Andrew noticed that I wasn't going to protest he procced to kiss my shoulder. Then made his way to my collarbone and down to my breasts. He brings his fingers to the bottom of my bra.

Next he looks up at me and asks, "Can I pull this down?" I nod my head yes, not trusting myself with words. He captures my nipple between his lips making me moan and arching into him. When I couldn't take it anymore, I pulled his face to mine. He smiles right before we resumed kissing. My hands are roaming

his back and hair.

I gather up all my courage and slide my hands down his back to his stomach and to the front of his jeans. I try to unbutton them we he grabs my hands with one of his and holds them above my head. "Melanie, what are you doing?"

"I want you."

"Really?"

"Yes, right here and right now."

"Okay." Andrew reaches into his back pocket. "Crap. I must have left my wallet in my bag when I got changed at home..." He lifts his head and looks at his

truck. "Wait, I think I have some condoms in the truck." He glances down at me and sees that I'm scared. "We don't have to do this. You know that, right?"

"I know but I want to." I give him a reassuring smile.

"Okay, just finish taking off your clothes." He said excitely as he released me and went to his truck. I take off my pants but stayed in my underwear and I sit up on the blanket. I cross my arms covering my chest feeling expossed. I hear Andrew crusing and slamming his truck door. He comes back, "Baby, what's wrong?"

"I don't have any so we can't."

"It's okay. We can still fool around." He sits down beside me.

"What? Really?" His eyes going bright, again.

"Sure, just because we're not having sex it doesn't meant it has to ruin our evening."

"You're the best girlfriend I've ever had." He grins and leans me back down on the blanket.

But he never answered my question 'Is he falling for me?'