the jock and the valedictorian(19)

Melanie's POV:

"I am so happy right now." I said on the way back for the hospital. My mom's going to be all right. She had an anxiety attack then passed out. The doctor said it was from stress at work and not dealt with grief. Nothing too major so, I'm not going to lose her. She's just going to have to go to therapy.

"That's good, baby." Andrew said grinning, grabbing a hold of my hand. I can't help but smile back.

Everything is going to be okay...

***

Once, we got back to my house when we were sitting on the couch watching TV, I realize that we didn't have a song. "Hey baby, do you know that we don't have a song."

"People do that when they have only been dating for about two months?"

"Well, I don't know I haven't had that much experience when it comes to dating."

"Really?"

"Yeah, you're my first boyfriend."

"What? Are you serious?"

"Lame I know. I couldn't get a boyfriend till my senior year of high school."

"No, it's actually nice to know that you didn't date someone just to have a boyfriend. Even though I can't say anything because I myself am a manwhore."

"Used to be. You've changed."

"Yep, for the better and all because of you." He smiles down at me.

"That's because I'm amazing." I chuckle.

"That you are."

He looks at me with such adoration I just have to say. "I love you."

"I love you, too." Andrew leans down and kisses me.

I pull back, "So are we going to have a song or not?"

"You really want to have one?"

I nodded. "I want to be able to have a song that when it is plays I want to think about us."

"Okay." Andrew takes his arm from around me.

"Hey, where are you going?" I said trying to pull him back down to me.

"Well, if we're going to have a song we're going have some music playing."

"Oh sorry. I wasn't thinking."

"I know you can't get enough of me." He smirks.

"Yep, and you can't get enough of me."

"That is so true." He leans down and kisses me, again. I just wanted to have him right then and there. But I reluctantly pulled away. "We might want to stop if we

want to have a song."

"All I want to have is you, right now." He says low and seductively.

I start lean into him again. I sit further back on the couch away from him. "Let's have whatever song that we hear first and that will be our song. Then we can

continue where we left off."

"Okay." He eagerly goes over to the stereo and turns it on.

'You're horny let's do it. Ride it my pony.' Ride it my pony by Genuine plays from the speakers. We give each other a knowing glance and he quickly changes the

station. 'We'll do it all everything on our own. We don't need anything or anyone. If I lie here if I just lay here would you lie with me and just forget the world?' I

don't quite know how to say how I feel. Those three words I've too much but they're not enough.' Chasing cars by Snow Patrol starts to play.

"I think it's perfect." I say, "Now come back to me." I think I would sound desperate saying that if he didn't want it as badly as I did.

Then we made sweet love right there on the couch.

I was snuggling against him and he is drawing small figures on my back. I lift my head off his chest and look up at him. "Andrew, I need to tell you something."

"Go ahead baby."

"I..." Knock knock.

The front door opens. "Melanie, it's Grandma."

"Shit." I whisper. "Hold on, Grandma. Could you wait for me in the kitchen?" I call to her pulling on my pants.

"Why honey? Do you have a boy in there with you or something?" She laughs.

"Funny, Grandma. It's just messy in here in the living room." I put my shirt on. Andrew is just taking to long so I just push him and his clothes into the hallway

closet. "Stay there till I get her into the kitchen then sneak out the back door." He nods. "Love you." With that I shut the door and I put my hair into a ponytail

before she walks into the room.

"Melanie, this room isn't messy." She says with her hands on her hips. She suspects something.

"I know that's because I cleaned it."

"Mmm hm, fine. Come, let's make some tea."

We walk into the kitchen. My grandma puts the kettle on the stove and sits across from me at the table. I am facing the living room.

"So, honey how is your mother?" She grabs my hands.

"Well, she had an anxiety attack from stress and not dealing with her grief. The doctor is making her go to therapy."

"Why isn't she out of the hospital yet?"

"Her doctor just wants her to relax and do nothing basically so he just wanted to keep her there for the next few days."

"Okay, that's good. This family doesn't need anymore tragedy."

"You're right on that one."

She smiles. "So, are you going to tell me about this boy who is trying to sneak out." Sure enough when I looked over her shoulder there was Andrew with his

shoes in his hands trying to go unheard. Apparently, my grandma has ears like a bat.

"Um...uh." Crap, I can't think of anything to say.

Grandma turns around in her chair. "Well, hello young man. Let's have a talk." She pats the chair beside her.

I hope she doesn't embarrass me. But of course her being her, I will be.

****

I am soooooooooooo sorry that it took me a while to update. But I have been busy. Sorry for the wait.