the jock and the valedictorian (9)

Melanie's POV:

Everything is going perfect between Andrew and me. Well, maybe not perfect because we fight but not all the time. And we still have a problem about sex.

Now, I won't even let him take my shirt off. I don't know what happened; the spark that I felt just isn't there anymore. I know he is frustrated because he wants to go all the way. But he says that he won't push me and he hasn't. He respects that I'm not ready.

I mean that I'm still attracted to him but that spark, gone. Do you think having sex with him will bring back the spark? No, that's a stupid idea. Maybe we should break up but I love kissing him and the feel of his touch. Yeah, I know it's confusing. Also, we get along very well, we don't have major fights.

After school I went to Andrew's baseball practice, a teammate started to talk to me. Let's just say Andrew had to leave practice early.

"Andrew, what is your problem? Why did you hit him?" He grips the steering wheel tighter.

"You don't want to know."

"If it deals with me, I want to know."

"Fine, alright. He asked me how tight your center is." He looks over at me.

I blush. "Oh."

"I hate it when guys talk about girls like that. Especially, when he was talking about you." He pulls into his driveway.

"What else did he say?" I turn to him.

He turns the car off. "When I told him I don't know. He said then why am I with you if not for sex?"

"And?" I urged.

"I said not just for sex. I think you're amazing." He just looks at me, waiting for my reaction. I have to get out of this car. He gets out too. "Melanie, what's the

matter?"

"You said not JUST for sex! You automatically think I'm going to have sex with you! First, if you're dating someone it doesn't mean you're going to sleep together. Second, how do you even expect us to have sex when we lost our spark?" I yell at him.

He frowns, "So, you've noticed it too?"

"Yeah, I have and I think we need to take some time apart." I was picking at my finger nails.

"For how long?"

"Well, today is Friday. So, Saturday and Sunday and then on Monday we'll let each other know what we want to do."

"Okay, but will you go to my game tomorrow?"

"Yes, I'll be there." I give him a weak smile then began walking toward my house.

Andrew's POV:

I walk into my house, "I fucked up."

"How?" Fable asked. He is sitting on the couch playing Xbox.

I sit down beside him. "I just told Melanie that I wasn't with her not just for sex."

He pauses his game and looks at me. "What?"

"I told her that I was with her not just for sex."

"Oh, telling a girl you basically only want sex from her, that's not good. How did she take it?"

"She said she wants us to take time apart and on Monday we'll figure out what we want to do."

"That's heavy."

"I know."

"And what do you want to happen?"

"I don't know. I mean I like her a lot but the spark we had in the beginning disappeared."

"What was the spark like?"

"It was like explosions every time we touched. But now it feels like the explosion is now like a bottle rocket."

"Romance."

"What about it?"

"That's what you guys need. Have one romantic night together and if that spark doesn't return then you'll know it's not meant to be."

"She said she'll come to my game tomorrow. Maybe I could convince her to go on a picnic or something?"

"That would work."

I look at him weird. "Fable, when did you become an expert on girls?"

"I've just always known."

"Thanks, man, for the help."

"Anytime."

*****

srry it's short.