Chapter 24--Let's Pretend My Tears Are Raindrops

Well, according to the fan reaction that I've been getting, ya'll want to hear about Bryce, huh? Well....fine. I guess I can totally go out of my way when I'm so tired and so sick of winter time just to make you people happy......*sigh* Haha! Just kidding!!!! I'd do anything for all you fans!! I love you so much and if this is what you want to see that this is what I'll give you.

Also, the opinions vary on whether or not you want Sam and Derek to get together or if you want Sam to only be Derek's friend. I want to hear your opinions!! The more comments I get the more motivation I have to get up off my lazy butt and write!! Sooooo....as usual..... Vote, Like on facebook, Read it, Tweet it, Comment, SPREAD THE WORD, Add me to your library, but most importantly--- (Say it with me!!!)

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. LOVE TO ALL FANS!!!!! xoxox

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter 24-- Life Ain't A Pot of Purple Daisies

      "It has been determined that seventeen-year-old Bryce O'Connor left his home deliberately and has not been kidnapped. The search for the teenager has been halted, but if you have any information, please contact the Layton police immediately at 555-5555. Brown hair, Blue eyes, six-foot-four, at 165 pounds. Bryce O'Connor may show signs of clinical depression, emotional trauma, or mental trauma. Again, that's 555-5555."

     I shut the radio off.

     I was being chased.

     I had to stay in hiding.

     Zeck was in the corner of the kitchen smoking a cigarette over some papers. "Hey kid." He said to me without looking up.

     "Yeah?" I tried sounding tough. This was my only chance at not getting found.

     "Want to do me a favor?" He asked, still reading the papers. He didn't spare a glance at me.

     "Like what?"

     His head shot up from the paper and his dark eyes stared coldly at me. "Don't ask questions, boy. Do you, or don't you?" I tried keeping my gaze steady with his angry expression. I gulped.

     "Yes..." I paused. "Anything."

     Zeck got up from his chair holding the papers and a small box. His menacing expression didn't change as he shoved them into my arms. "Take these. And sell them." He ordered.

     "To who?"

     "What did I just tell you about questions?"

     "Sorry." I squeaked.

     He glared at me before he went on. "Find anyone who looks like they could use a rush. Talk to them for a while and act like their friend. And then, when they seem comfortable enough with you, sell it. Once their addicted they'll be coming on your tail every day and that's when you kick them to the curb. Don't get close to these people, you got it?"

     "I think so."

     "You think so?" He snarled in my ear.

     "I mean...I know so." My lip quivered. I felt like such a child.

     "Good. Two rules." He paused, staring me down with his near-black eyes. "Number one: You take the drugs I shoot you." I gulped. "And number two: you blow my cover or lead anyone even slightly on my trail, I cut your penis off and then I shoot you." There was a pause where I didn't respond.

     I felt so helpless.....How could Brandon have left me like he did? I remembered how I'd wound up living under cover with Zeck in the first place. It all started three days earlier....

*flashback*

     The lack of drugs was nicking in the back of my mind while I wandered the back alleyways behind the city's shops. Really, I was in a ghetto. People just went behind the shops to smoke pot, and God, it smelt so damn good. For moments I stared, completely phased, at this one guy who was using pot. He was so lucky.

     He probably had no idea I was watching him, and let's face it, if he was high he wouldn't know what was going on. I made a plan.

     As nonchalantly as I could, I left the back alley and cautiously walked a few yards of sidewalk. Yeah, people looked, but thankfully they weren't the people who knew who I was. I quietly entered an alley that should've been the closest to the guy with the pot.

     I was right.

     Standing right in front of me with his back to me was Mr. Potman. Not for long. My mind and my hands didn't work together when I grabbed for the drugs and missed, knocking them out of the guy's hands and onto the ground.

     To be completely honest I don't think I'd ever seen a look of such hatred. The guy was gonna kill me.

     For a few seconds I hesitated, not knowing what to do. Then...

     I ran.

     And ran.

     And ran.

     I could feel the wind of the person chasing me on my back. I could feel my heart beat like it was going to pump itself right through my chest and onto the blacktop. More than anything, I wanted to turn around...but I couldn't. If I turned around I'd be dead.

     Once some time had passed, I could sense that the guy was losing ground. I was getting farther ahead and the man was getting further behind. Eventually my body caught up with my adrenaline. I felt so tired. I'd have to stop pretty soon, but if I did...I was dead.

      Then, completely out of nowhere, I noticed a car on the side of the road with an open door and a man signaling for me to get in. I didn't have another choice, so I did what the guy said.

     I slammed the door behind me and the car took off at least twenty miles over the speed limit.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sorry it was kind of short but this chapter was something that I didn't need to say  a whole lot about to get the point across. I'm try very hard to upload another chapter today.

Thank you for taking me back even though I left for a while <3 I love you all!!!

xox

Comments??

Libraries?

Facebook Likes?

Word-Spreading??

lol! i love u.....