Chapter 29--Let's Pretend My Tears Are Raindrops

I seemed to have told a few people that I was uploading today....so I made the moral decision to stick with my word. Sorry it's so late, for those of you that actually have to get up tomorrow, but little ol' me here, likes to stay up all night and sleep all day. Hey, it's a Friday, what can I say??

Well, I hope you like it!!! Read, Vote, Fan, Like it on Facebook, Tweet, Comment (I love comments!!), but please, make sure you

ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter 29

     Apparently I was smart even at one in the morning because I was one-hundred percent right. Thursday was a pain in my royal ass.

     From the second I woke up, Cassie refused to talk to me. I fried us both up some eggs, apologized four times, and drove her to school even though I would’ve rather rode with Derek. Even after all of that she still wouldn’t say a word.

     “C’mon, Cassie. Please talk to me.” I begged, though I already knew it was no use. She’d always been the type of girl to make people beg and wallow. She had no pity. “Look,” I sighed, “I’m sorry it didn’t work out with Derek, but I told you that he didn’t want to be on the dating market.”

     I parked the car in the school’s parking lot and shut the engine off, locking the doors. “Talk to me or you’re tardy.” I threatened. She glared at me, crossing her arms.

     “Bitch.” She muttered.

     “That was unnecessary.” I said.

     “No!” She screamed. “It was very necessary!” Her face was turning red just like it always had when she got flustered. “I can’t believe you’re so selfish Samantha!” She tried unlocking the car on the side of the door, but each time she unlocked it, I relocked it. “Oh my God! You’re so immature. Let me go!”

     And I was the immature one?

     “Sorry.”

     Cassie turned to me and stared me down. In the meanest tone I’d ever heard her use, she said words that tore my heart in half.

      “You just want Derek to yourself. You’re afraid that if he likes me you’ll lose him just like you lost Brandon.” She growled. “And you know what?” She said rhetorically. “I know that you’re in love with Derek. Obviously you and Brandon were never really in love because if you were you’d never get over him that fast.”

     She unlocked the door, but this time I didn’t have enough strength the lock it again. All I could do was sit there in shock.

     I buried my face in my hands and cried not because I missed Brandon, or needed Brandon, but because maybe Cassie’s words had some truth to them.

     “Hey smiley.” I heard him say sympathetically next to me. Derek put his arm around me and squeezed me to his chest lightly in a one-armed hug.

     I sniffled.

     “I never heard you come in.” I stuttered my words in my emotional breakdown.

     “Your sister left the door open.” He told me.

     “You heard it?” I asked frantically. He didn’t need to hear anything like that from anybody.

     “No, no, no.” He reassured me quickly. “I saw it all in my truck while I was driving up. I just saw her yelling at you and then storm off into school.”

     Wiping all the tears out of my eyes, I propped myself up and glanced in the mirror. I was only a minor wreck. I’d be okay for school, thanks to Derek. “I suppose you know what we were fighting about, don’t you?” I asked while I dabbed the rest of the dampness off my face.