47. Together, Always.

~ We are most alive, when we are in love~

Nandini didn't sleep well the entire night. She woke up quite a few times in the middle of the night, groggy, half aware of the surroundings and half sleepy, and eventually fell asleep again, but it would be suffice to say she did not have a good night's sleep. And that's wasn't even the worst thing for the sleepy head Nandini. The worst thing was her being awake enough to switch the alarm off five minutes before it could actually ring. That had never happened before in her life, she was one of those who need loudspeakers to wake up on time.

But today, she pushed off the covers and moved out of the bed, sighing as she paused to take a good look at her sleeping husband. He was still asleep, and she wasn't surprised because she knew he had been overworked for the last four weeks and was probably going to do the same the coming week, given Abhik and Anushree's wedding festivities were going to begin the coming Saturday.

Nandini took a hot shower and walked out of the washroom in her bathrobe. She absentmindedly chose a normal Kurti and got ready for work. Making herself some really strong coffee, she started preparing breakfast, her mind a mess of thoughts.

"Good morning", Manik wrapped his hands around her waist and kissed the back of her head as he nuzzled into her.

"Morning!", Nandini smiled, trying to ruffle his hairs, "Still sleepy?"

"Very! Why do Mondays come so soon?", Manik cribbed, and she actually chuckled at his babyness. Manik's baby moments were less but she absolutely adored them, and pampered him more in those.

"Awww", Nandini turned to face him, still in the cage of his arms and kissed the top of his nose, since that was the most she could reach without heels

Manik blushed, finally opening his eyes to take a full look at her, and was surprised to find her already showered and ready. He frowned, before it dawned on him.

"You are still tense Nandini?", he asked, shaking his head softly at her, and Nandini played with the straps of his vest, looking at him with eyes filled with innocence of a lamb, shaking her head.

"Don't even try. Did you even sleep?", he enquired further, and she made a more puppy face, trying her best to dodge his questions.

"Don't act cute Nandini. Won't help. You are a mess right now, I can see! You know you can't function without sleep!", he kind of scolded her and it irritated her for she was already cranky.