37. Snuggling And Cuddling

~ A happily ever after isn't a promise of smiles and laughter, it's a promise of handling anything and everything together ~

Manik opened his eyes as he stretched a little, yawning. His phone told him it was quite early to wake up, just quarter to seven. Yesterday had been very tiring, but right now he felt surprisingly fresh except for the little drowsiness from the sleep. He probably had had a very good night's sleep, he smiled at the thought and turned his head to look at the reason.

Nandini Malhotra.

Two words he had never thought would be written together, but they had, by destiny and today, he couldn't be happier at that. His life had completely changed, he had accepted what he thought he never deserved and much more. Smiling to himself, he leaned over to kiss her chubby cheek and was elated to see her smiling back even in sleep. He wondered how Nandini handled so many variations together. She was a kid at times and a grandmother at another. A doting wife in one second and a demanding one in another. A complete package at that, he wondered as he chuckled to himself.

"If you continue laughing to yourself, I will have to leave you at the Agra asylum", Nandini's sleepy voice made him look at her, to find her already staring right back, with half droopy eyes.

" Sorry Mrs

" Sorry Mrs. Malhotra, you can't get rid of me that easily", Manik hugged her, lying on the bed and nuzzled his face in her hair, his day old beard rubbing against her cheek made her squirm as she felt ticklish.

"Won't you ask why?", Manik smirked, and though Nandini could not see his face, she could picture his exact expressions, so she simply shrugged, moving her body enough so that she was on her side, facing him and he plopped himself on his elbow, facing her.

"Because smiling to yourself is not madness, it's being happy in your heart!", Manik dropped a kiss on his forehead and poked her nose lightly smiling again, but Nandini was already bowled over.

Here she was expecting to mock amd tease him, but Mr. Husband had bolded her out. Morning romance was her favourite anyway, so she gave up on her teasing and tucked her head just beneath his chin, hugging him close. He felt her smile against his bare skin, courtesy his loose vest, but his breath hitched in the next very second when Nandini kissed his heart, very softly. Manik didn't say anything but wrapped both his arms around her, tucking her close and eventually they again fell asleep.