6. A morning like that!

Note: I was not supposed to update today, I was going to update Stolen promises first, but owing to your overwhelming response, here you go.
To the 10k reads!
Comment and let me know how was this MaNanlacious update.

~ Its not always about moments, sometimes its only about company~

Sometimes at night, while we are asleep, lost in our dreams,suddenly for that one flicker of moment, our sleep breaks, and we are wide awake, even though most of us fall asleep again in the next moment. Some tales say we wake up because somewhere, somebody is thinking about us- with love, with concern, with care.

Nandini never believed in psychological theories as such, until that early morning when she woke up with a jolt, unwary of her surroundings, but when she turned her head to the left, she found Manik sitting on the balcony couch, with a mug of coffee, staring out.

It was freaking 4 am!

She sat up, and looked at him, but he was anware of her gaze, completly lost in the sky.

"Manik?", She called out, and he turned, surprised that she woke up.

"Hey! Good morning!", He raised his mug at her, but Nandini yawned in response.

"Its not even morning. Why are you up anyway?", She asked, trying to hold a yawn again.

Manik shook his head and smiled to himslef watching her antics. It was just written all over her face that she was not a morning person.

"Just like that. Could not sleep once i woke up! Its still time, you can sleep back again!", He spoke, biting his laugh, and Nandini immediately gave him a 440 watt smile at that, as he turned back to the sky again.

Which was exactly why, watching her come sit beside him, with a mug brimming with hot chocolate, exactly fifteen minutes later, startled him.

"You don't have too", was the first thing he spoke, as he raised his eyes to look at her sleep filled, puffy ones, but moustache of cream that adored her upper lips, silenced him.

"I know I don't have too, I just want too", Nandini answered in a flow, and when two complete minutes later, she realized what she said, and immediately raised his eyes at him to find him watching her with a subtly amused expressions, both of them started to laugh out loud.

"I never knew cliche lines fit in real life too",Nandini sipped her drink, still laughing, while Manik chuckled at her.

"I didn't either, but you realized how it seemed straight out of a romantic cheesy movie?", He teased her, and though it embarssed Nandini, she was glad to watch him talk like that, which he usually never did.

"Its okay, happens!", She tried dismissing it, but ended up giggling again, until silence took over, both of them.

"You like the morning sky more?", Nandini asked him, and he nodded his head.

" I like watching the stars disappearing into nothingness, with the rising sunrays. Its like, just a few moments ago, it was their teritory, the sky, and now, with just the air of sunrays, they are gone! It makes me believe nothing is going to last, no matter how beautiful it is, but that also doesn't mean what comes after is any less pretty!", He concluded, leaving Nandini stumped. She could not believe her ears, it was such a calming thought process that he possessed. She had never thought it like that.

She made herself more comfortable as she settled a pillow on her lap, and supported her back on the wall.

" I used to hate stars, because Appa told me Amma was one of them, when I used to ask him. I hated stars for being so attractive that Amma left me for them! And yet, I desperately waited for dusk every day, because in those stars, I would try and find Amma. Later, it became a habit, watching the evening sky, and sometimes I stayed up nights watching the sky. But never had I ever thought of such a beautiful analogy, of the morning, as you!", She spoke her heart out, looking at him, keeping his eyes looked with hers, and she found him deeply attentive to her too.