33. Manik Malhotra 2.0

~ We don't need someone to pull out of abyss life throws us in, we just need someone to hold our hand and say, It's okay, I am right here! ~

"If I give you the lyrics ,can we record the song?", Nandini exclaimed looking at Manik, expecting him to be shocked, or at least a little overwhelmed, but he didn't even show a flicker of surprise, and rather frowned at her.

"But don't you like to keep your poems and lyrics to yourself?", Nandini's mouth was hung open in shock. She was hoping to startle her husband with the fact that she wrote lyrics too, but looked like Manik had known all along.

"You know?", she pouted in disappointment, and Manik didn't understand what was disappointing in that.

"Why is that sad? I mean you should be happy that I know no?", Manik asked confused, leaning towards her in his seat while Nandini sighed, nodding. But the question on her face remained intact, how the hell did he know about her hobby?

Manik clearly read the confusion on her face, and honestly, it hurt him inside that she was so worked up about him knowing about her minute details, even though for Nandini, she was just surprised that he knew.

"You are forgetting Nandini, we had been friends for a year when I joined Appa's service. You had written countless articles and blog entries sitting next to me, while I worked on case details and some nights, we had even discussed those poetic epiphanies you had", Manik took her left hand in his and slightly squeezed it, rubbing circles on the dorsum of her hand.

Nandini heard him and opened her mouth to say something but eventually closed it without saying anything. Her forehead had deep frowns and for a second Manik thought she regretted sharing those moments with him. Huffing out loud, she turned back to Manik, and complained.

"Appa is right, I am a big idiot! Stupid and nonsense, all together!", her cheeks were puffed up, and her lips in a irritated scowl but Manik found her insanely adorable, so much that he forgot all his assumptions in her cuteness.

Hona tha pyaar, hua mere yaar!
Aaye nazar chehre hazar!
Hona tha pyaar, hua mere yaar!

"Only if I would have not acted like a dumb woman and married you five years before only, I would have been so much more lucky. I would have had so many amazing years with you till now, and maybe two kids too", she threw her hands in the air and mumbled, this time finally taking her husband by surprise, so much that he had his mouth open in shock and completely frozen for a few seconds. But eventually, his shock disappeared and a small smile took its place, his cheeks heating up and a red hue on his face.

No one had ever said that to him before, no one had regretted not choosing him just to have some more time with him

No one had ever said that to him before, no one had regretted not choosing him just to have some more time with him. And the way Nandini confessed, not even aware of what she was babbling, not consciously trying to make him feel good, Manik felt worth everything in the world.