Chapter 12

"Good morning. Or should I say good afternoon." Hunter said to Reagan as she walked into the kitchen. It was a little past twelve in the afternoon before she woke. She still felt tired but had forced herself awake. She was starving. She stopped and stared at him
Damn was he a fine man. His hair was ruffled and he had no shirt on. Walking around to where he was sitting she couldn't keep her eyes off him. He had on blue jeans nothing on his feet. She wanted to touch him but she knew that he was angry with her for not wanting the baby, but only did he know that that was far from the truth. She had to spend these months living in the same house with this sexy man but no sex. Who the hell did that? It was going to be so hard. She knew he was mad but that didn't stop her hormones from racing.

 "Stop looking at me like that Reagan?"

 "Like what? Like I want to eat you?" She said using those words that she used months ago on him. He glared at her but she wasn't phased one bit. Shit she was a woman and he was a man. A very attractive man. If he thought his evil stares was going to make her shut down he had another think coming. He had to do better than that.

  "Reagan." He said in a warning voice. She gave him a slow smile then turned away.

  "Do you mind if I go into your refrigerator?"

 "What's mine is yours. For the time being." He quickly added. Ignoring that she said.

   "Are you hungry?"

   "You cook?" He asked a little surprised. Turning to face him she put her hand on her hip and said.

"I can throw down in a kitchen Mr. Hunter. You have no idea." That made him smile as much as he didn't want to.

   "How about you make dinner then?"

"Dinner it is. What would you like?"

  "Surprise me?"

  "I can do that. But until then." She pulled out all the fruit he had.

   "What are you doing?" He asked.

   "Fruit salad. It's good for me I love fruit and it's good for the baby. Any complaints?"

   "None here."

   "Good." He watched her move around the kitchen as if she's been there before.

  "You move as if you been here before."

  "Everything is where I would have put it."

   "How old were you when you begin cooking?"

  "Twenty four."

   "Why so late?"

  "It's when I got my own place.
Before then I was focused on school."

  "What did you go to school for?"

 "Business mainly but somehow I ended up being a lawyer." She said with a smile.

  "Why?"

   "I wanted the knowledge. I felt I needed to know business in order to survive out in the world on my own."

 "How long have you been a lawyer?"

  "You sure have a lot of questions Mr."

   "Just want to get to know the mother of my baby."

"Why?"

  "Just because."

   "I'm a screw up." He seen the sadness in her face.

  "What do you mean by that?"

  "There is no point in getting to know me. I'm leaving." With that she left with her bowl of fruit and locking herself in her room. She had ended up falling back to sleep after she eaten.

"Thought you would never come out of that room." Hunter said as he dried his hair. He must have came from a swim.

"Yeah I don't know what's wrong. I've never slept that much before."

 "It's because you're pregnant."

  "Yeah I'm pretty sure that's it." She said knowing that her cancer was the main reason for her being so tired.

"Are you too tired to go somewhere with me?"

 "Where?"

   "To my mother's house."

   "I have to go?"

  "She wants to meet you,, so yes you have to go."

 "Ah okay sure. Is an hour okay?"

 "That's fine." Reagan went to get
dressed. Once they got to his mother's house Reagan expected it to be just as huge as Hunters house but it wasn't. It was still big but half of Hunters house.

 "Is your mother and father still together?" She asked as he parked.

  "No. My father died when I was a teenager."

  "Oh I'm sorry."

 "It's fine." He opened the door but before he could step out she grabbed his arm. When he looked at her she said.

 "Does she know?"