Chapter 8

Reagan woke to the worst pain she ever felt before. The stomach pain was unbearable and her head was pounding. She knew this was the sign of her cancer but it came unexpectedly and while she was asleep. Sliding out of bed she rushed as fast as she could to the bathroom throwing up anything she had in her stomach. Just a few more days and she went home to begin chemotherapy.
   Hunter looked at his phone for the tenth time in the last five minutes. Reagan hasn't called him like she made habit to do. He had to admit that he has gotten use to it and looked forward to it. Was she okay? He had decided to stay at work because the place was crowded. Business was definitely blooming. He couldn't thank Reagan enough for getting that other property. He already began working on fixing it up. That property was going to help him out like no other. Deciding to call her instead he waited for her to pick up but there was no answer. He tried again an hour later and still no answer. Feeling that something was wrong he grabbed his car keys and headed for the exit promising to return in a bit.
    Opening the door he found her lying in bed the only part of her body showing was the top of her head. It was bright as day outside but nearly pitch black in the room.

"Reagan?" When she didn't respond he reached over and gently pulled the blanket down. Even with her dark beautiful complexion she was pale. He touched her forehead. She was sweaty and sticky. "Reagan." He said again but still no answer. He then began to panic. Pulling the blanket down her body was drenched in sweat.
   "Reagan." He began to shake her. "Reagan; dammit." Knowing that he had to get her body cooled down he rushed to the bathroom and turned the bath water on cold. Grabbing her he carried her to the bathroom placing her in the tube not caring that she was still wearing her pajamas. As soon as the water touched her she began to stir awake.
"Reagan." He splashed water onto her chest. "Reagan baby wake up." He was now taping her cheeks and she moaned. "That's right baby wake up for me."

"Hunter?" She looked around her. "When did you get here? Why am I in the tub with my clothes on?"

 "Ray baby focus. I need to get you to the hospital."

 "The hospital?" She was still a little out of it. "I don't need to go to a hospital. I just need to lay down."

"Babe you weren't moving. What's wrong?"

  "I'm just a little sick today that's all."

"Just a little?" Shaking his head he said. "I'm taking you to the hospital." He wrapped an arm around her to help her up but she pushed him as hard as her weak body would allow. He gave her a stern look.
   "Stop being so stubborn. I'm helping you." Daring not to push him again she allowed him to pull her up until she was standing. She was weak on her legs so she braced her hand on his shoulder for balance. She protested when she went to pick her up out the tube.

"I don't want to get you wet."

"There clothes Reagan. They'll dry. Come here." With that he picked her up out of the tub and placed her in front of him. Her clothes were molded to her skin. Sighing he cupped her chin and she closed her eyes loving his touch. She sighed once she felt his warm lips against her forehead.

 "Let me help you with your clothes." She watched as he knelt down and began pulling on her pajama pants along with her panties. He then stood and pulled off her shirt. She now stood completely naked in front of him. If this was a different situation he would have pinned her against the wall and took her there but she was sick. He had to be gentle with her. Grabbing a towel he wrapped it around her.

"Can you walk?" He asked and she nodded her head but with the first step she would have stumbled if he wasn't there. He swiftly picked her up and carried her to the bed. Setting her on her feet he pulled the towel off and began drying her. Her breath caught once he began drying between her legs. He caressed her middle and she leaned over bracing her hand on his shoulder.

 "I'm sick not numb Hunter. Watch those fingers." Chuckling he said.

"My bad." She laughed then got light headed.

 "Hunter I have to sit down." He sat her on the couch and he changed the sheets. He then laid her in bed pulling the blanket over her. She was surprised when he stripped out of his clothes and lay beside her.

 "I thought you had to be to work. It's still early."

"My job will still be there. I want to make sure that you're okay."

 "Don't jeopardise your job for me Hunter."

 "Stop worrying about my job and get some sleep. Although I still think you need to go to the hospital." 

"I'm fine Hunter. Don't worry about me."

 "Too late for that." He said as he pulled her into his arms. "I'm already worried about you." She kissed his chest. She could get use to him caring for her like this. Maybe it was a good thing that she went home in a few days. She couldn't fall for this guy but she had a feeling that it was already too late for that. If she wasn't sick she would stay but she was so she couldn't. She sighed. Why was her life like this?

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

 "I could feel you thinking. What's wrong Reagan?"

"I leave in a few more days. I'm going to miss you." She said honestly. He held her a little tighter. Man was he going to miss her also.
Eventually he made his way back to work but not without making her promise to call him every two hours to let him know that she was alright.
   The next morning Reagan was feeling a lot better and Hunter was happy to see it. She was no longer warm or pale looking. She was smiling that beautiful smile that he grew to love so much.
He groaned when she sat up and straddled him. She leaned down and kissed him.

"Thank you for taking care of me last night Hunter. I really appreciate it."

 "It was nothing really." Truth was that he would do it over and over again if she ever needed it. He suddenly grew serious.

"Has this ever happened before?"

"No." She lied. It's happened once before but at that time she had no idea why. Now she knew it was because of her cancer. "It was probably a twenty four hour virus or something."

  "That was more than just a virus Ray. I still think that you need to go to the hospital and get checked out."

"I'm fine baby." She leaned over and kissed him again this time lingering there. "Why aren't you married?"

"You asked me that before." He said humor I his voice.

"I just don't understand how a man as great as you isn't married. A woman haven't snatched you up yet?" She kissed him before he could respond. She then rest her forehead against his sighing.

"What's wrong?"

"I can fall for you Hunter. I'm trying my hardest not to. I mean I don't want to scare you away with my confession I'm just being honest with you. That's the only way I know how to be."

  "I know." He said caressing her bare back. Truth was he felt himself falling for her also. She began kissing every part of him. Both his eyes his lips and began making her way to his neck then his collarbone on down until she got to his throbbing manhood.
   "Oh God." He said loving the feel of her warm mouth wrapped around him. Yes he was going to miss this woman deeply.