Chapter 14

"So are you going to bring her to the grand opening?" Terry asked as he finished cleaning the front of the restaurant. Hunter was standing right beside him.

  "Bring who?" He asked playing dumb.

  "You know who. Reagan."

  "We're not together so why would I bring her?"

   "Regardless if you're together or not I know that you really like her."

"And what makes you think that?"

  "She came back in just a few months and bam there you are talking to her. If you didn't care she wouldn't be in the picture right now." Terry had yet to know why Reagan was really back in his life. She was pregnant and with triplets. His triplets. He mind as well tell him now he's was going to find out in a few months.

   "If she was mine I'd wife her." Hunter looked at his friend surprised.

 "Why do you say that?"

  "She's everything man. She's beautiful. She has a beautiful body. She is smart as hell. She got you this restaurant for Christ sake. If it wasn't for that woman we'd probably still be begging for this spot. Not to forget the other property's we got because of her. I don't know if you realise it or not but she made you an even more richer man than you already are. Bring her to the grand opening. I mean it's the least you can do. A way of saying thank you. Besides I want to see her."

  "Why do you want to see her? You're a married man."

   "So the hell what. My wife will love her also." He said laughing.

  "Your wife still like women?"

   "Yes and I be having so much fucking fun with her. I love my baby to death."

  "Don't be trying to get Ragen in y'all swinging events." Hunter said with  humor in his voice.

  "And why shouldn't I? You don't want her."

   "She's pregnant that's why."

  "What?" Terry asked surprised. "How. When?"

 "Well Terry when two people get together..."

  "I know how smart ass. But I mean. The baby is yours?"

   "Yes. She'll be three month's soon."

   "Wow man. Congratulations?" Hunter shook his head in sour humor as he shook his friend hand.

   "Thanks man."

  "Don't get mad when I ask but are you happy about it?"

 "Honestly I'm not as torn up about it you know? She's not some sloppy chick that I hooked up with. She is beautiful inside and out. We're just not in a relationship." He said with a hunch of his shoulders.

   "I think she'll be a great mother."

   "Yeah." Hunter said absently as he walked away. That's the only thing she wasn't going to be good at. A great mother didn't leave her kids. That he knew for a fact.
Once Hunter got home he was expecting Reagan to be in her room but was surprised to see her in the living room. She was balled up on the couch fast asleep.
As if she felt his presents she opened her eyes to find him watching her.

 "How long have you been asleep?" He asked.

   "I don't know. What time is it?"

  "Ten o'clock."

   "Wow I've been asleep for three hours. These babies are wearing me out without even trying." She said laughing. She pulled herself up. "Are you hungry?"

  "No. Thanks for asking though."

   "No problem." She tried to stop looking at him but couldn't bring herself to. She cried every night because she just wanted this cancer to go away. She wanted to be happy for once. She wanted to be in her babies lives but she knew that it wasn't possible. She was going to be labeled as the worst mother ever just because she was sick. Dammit.

 "Reagan you okay?"

   "Yeah. Yeah I'm fine. Do you need anything?" She asked.

  "No. Do you?" She stared at him a few seconds longer before she said.

   "No." But the truth was she wanted to tell him that she was madly in love with him. That him keeping his distance away from her was killing her. That she was ecstatic to have his babies and It was killing her that she couldn't be there for them. But for now she just wanted him to come to her right now and take her into his arms and hold her and make her feel safe. Make her feel as if everything was going to be okay. If only he would tell her that he loved her then she would fight for him. His love for her would mean everything. She just wanted someone for once. She wanted to be and feel loved. Before the tears came rushing out of her she made her way to her room. She blames all her tears on being pregnant. It was her baby's fault that she was so emotional. Yup.

 "Why do you stay in that room so much?" Hunter asked Reagan as she drank a cup of water.

  "It matters?"

  "Yes smartass it matters."