2023 Part Four

This is just something short that I wrote because my classes got cancelled today, and I decided not to do any actual work.  I appreciate the ideas, so if you have any keep 'em coming.  Enjoy!

November 2023

"We tried to keep your apartment, but after a year they sold it. We packed up all your stuff and it's in our basement. Apparently, Queens a very sought-after neighborhood," Percy explains from the front seat of the car.

"Highly unlikely," May mutters.

"Anyways, you guys can crash at our place for as long as you need," Percy replies.

"Isn't your apartment a little small?" Peter asks.

"Annabeth and I...we upgraded, a lot of people moved to the suburbs," Percy says, "I'm working at an aquarium now, less stress, flexible hours, lots of time to be home."

"Less stress for me too then," May sighs.

"Yeah, we're probably too far away from Midtown High for you to go there, so you're probably going to want to look for an apartment sooner than later because lots of people are going to be house shopping," Percy says trying to fill the silence.

"I forgot about that; do you know if Ned got blipped?" Peter asked.

"Blipped?" Percy says confused.

"You know, when we all got turned to dust, that's what everyone's calling it. Or at least the people that did get blipped because it was like a short time and we were back but for you it was five years..." Peter rambles.

"Ned did get blipped, and so did most of your classmates," Percy answers, "Okay, here we are." They pull into the driveway of a small two-story house. Percy gets out of the car and opens the door, "We're back," he calls.

"Daddy!" a blond blur tackles Percy's legs.

"Hey Luke how are you doing?" Percy asks as May and Peter catch up with their stuff.

"When were you going to tell me that you have kids?" May exclaims rushing over, "Oh I'm a grandma now, I'm old."

"This is Luke," Percy says picking the toddler up, "Luke this is May and Peter, they're going to be living with us for a bit."

"Cool," Luke exclaims, he grabs Peters hand as soon as Percy puts him down, "Come on, I'll show you my LEGOs and toys, Zoe's not allowed to touch them, but you can." Peter quickly puts down his bag and lets the toddler lead him into the house.

"We'll be in the kitchen," Percy calls after the two, "Don't let Luke make a mess of his room, we just cleaned it."

Percy leads May into the kitchen where Annabeth is with another toddler and a baby, "Hey, how's everyone doing?" Percy asks.

"Perfect, I'm glad you got Luke distracted because he is full of energy today," Annabeth replies.

"Yeah, I'm sure Peter can handle one hyper toddler," Percy jokes. Both May and Annabeth give him a look. "Fine, fine I'll go check on the two and make sure they don't break anything.

"How have you been?" May asks giving Annabeth a hug once Percy leaves.

"Oh, you know, busy, not ready to go back to work, but mostly just good. It's much better now that the whole situation has been resolved," Annabeth says.

"Well as long as I'm here and even when I'm not, feel free to call me if you need help," May offers, "I may not have had kids of my own, but I managed to raise two boys and they more or less turned out all right.