2015 Part Four (Christmas Special)

In the Christmas spirit I decided to do a Christmas special.  It was supposed to be happy, but it kind of turned angsty, so sorry about that.  I will be trying to add parts like this here and there, but I also finally got Far From Home so that part will be coming hopefully within the month of January because I am on vacation for the next two weeks, and will not have access to my computer.  Happy Holidays and Happy New Year everyone!

"I have an idea," Percy exclaims walking into Peter's room, "We need to save Christmas."

"Did Santa get stuck in New York?" Peter asks sarcastically not in the mood for a conversation.

"No, but Christmas, our Christmas is not going to happen if we spend all it mourning Uncle Ben," Percy replies.

Peter whips around, "Percy, he died. He's never coming back, and you just want us to move on like nothing happened. Well sorry, but some of us actually cared about our family."

Percy's grin falls, "I care about our family Peter, I am just trying to help. Ben wouldn't want us to be sad at such a happy time of the year."

"How would you know how Ben feels, you were never even here!" Peter yells all his frustration boiling over, "You just abandoned me, while you went to boarding school, summer camp, then college. I was here with Ben and May, my family."

Percy sighs as Peter turns to face the wall, "I'm sorry Peter, I really am, but there was nothing that I could do about it," he tries to comfort his cousin, but even he knows his argument sounds weak. "I know I wasn't there when we were growing up, but I'm trying to make it up to you. Please let me try and help."

Peter faces the wall in silence, everything was overwhelming. The lights were too bright, the city was too loud, he couldn't think, he couldn't breathe. Peter suddenly became aware that tears were running down his cheeks and Percy had his armed wrapped around him, engulfing him in a hug. Peter leaned into the hug pressing his face against Percy's chest inhaling the surprising strong scent of the ocean. Peter focused on it and soon everything else faded back to normal.

"Hey Pete, are you okay," Percy says cautiously, "I'm sorry if I was too..."

"No, I'm sorry," Peter replies weakly picking his head off Percy's chest, "Let's save Christmas."

Percy smiles, "Let me just call some friends."

•••

Peter looks around, they had pulled all the Christmas stuff out of the closet and decorated the place from top to bottom. Even May had come out of her room seemed content with helping them plan the perfect Christmas dinner.

Percy walks into the room, "What'd you think?"

May looks around smiling, "It's perfect, just like when..." she trails off.

"Just like last year," Peter finishes saving May.

"Perfect, they should be here in twenty minutes," Percy responds fiddling nervously with his shirt.

"Who's coming again," Peter asks realizing he had no idea how many people Percy invited. Peter would've asked Ned or MJ to come, but they were having Christmas with their families.

"Well Annabeth and Grover, who you know. Um, Piper, Leo, Frank, Hazel, Nico, so then Will as well," Percy rambles nervously, "Reyna, though I doubt she'll come. Wait no, Leo's coming, he'll bring Calypso, and I think that's it"

Peter looks at Percy, "Are there gonna be name tags?" he jokes.

Percy cracks a smile, "Not for my genius cousin there aren't." Peter scoffs and is about to retaliate, but the doorbell rings. "They're here!" Percy exclaims sprinting to the door closely followed by Peter. Percy flings open the door and is immediately tackled by a blond blur, Annabeth.