2015 Part Three

May 2015

Percy and Captain America help the civilians find shelter, 'The next wave's gonna hit any minute. What do you got Stark?" Captain America asks.

"Well nothing great." Stark sighs, "Maybe a way to blow up the city. I have a way so it won't impact the surface if you guys can get clear."

"I asked for a solution, not an escape plan," Captain America replies.

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second," Stark reasons, "We're gonna have to make a choice."

"Cap these people are going nowhere," Romanoff says, 'If Stark finds a way to blow this rock."

"Not 'till everyone's safe," Captain America replies.

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there," Romanoff sighs, "There's no math there."

"Captain, I get that you want to save everyone, but if this thing starts falling towards the earth, I'm blasting it to pieces. I won't let you endanger the whole world for a city," Percy says coldly.

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it," Captain America replies.

"I didn't say we should leave," Romanoff nods as Captain America gives her a shocked look, "There's worse ways to go. Where else am I going to get a view like this?" She looks out over the clouds and smiles.

"Glad you like the view Romanoff," Percy hears Fury's voice over their comms, "It's about to get better." The three of them gasp as the Helicarrier rises above the clouds, Percy could say it was the second happiest he ever was to see an aircraft. "Nice right?" Fury continues, "Took a lot of mothballs and a couple of old friends, she's dusty, but she'll do."

"Fury you son of a bitch," Captain America mutters.

"Oh who, you kiss your mother with that mouth?" Fury jokes. Percy sees the side of the ship open and smaller ships, presumably to bring the civilians onto the Helicarrier, are deployed and fly towards them.

"This is S.H.I.E.L.D.?" Pietro asks in awe.

"This is what S.H.I.E.L.D.'s supposed to be," Captain America replies.

"This is not so bad," Pietro smirks.

The lifeboats dock on the edge of the city, "Let's load 'em up," Captain America orders as he turns and goes towards where the civilians are hiding.

People flood out of the building as the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents ready the lifeboats, Percy makes sure no robots attack the crowd and everyone safely gets on a ship. Once everyone is onboard, the ship takes off towards the Helicarrier.

"Thor I got a plan," Stark exclaims.

"We're out of time," Thor replies, "They're coming for the core."

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on that carrier," Stark orders, "Avengers, time to work for a living." Percy makes his way to the cathedral with the core and find all the Avengers fighting robots.

"What's the drill?" Romanoff asks when she arrives.

"This," Stark replies pointing to a metal machine in the middle of the cathedral, "is the drill, If Ultron gets his hands on the core, we lose."

"Is that the best you can do?" Thor exclaims seeing Ultron fly down. The robot raises his arms and hundreds of his minions pour out of the city and surround the cathedral.

Captain America sighs, "You had to ask."

"This is the best I can do," Ultron says, "This is exactly what I wanted, all of you against all of me. How could you possibly hope to stop me?"