2016 Part One

May 2016

"Hey May, I'm home," Percy calls as he enters the house. When there's no reply Percy walks into the kitchen and finds a note from his Aunt saying she went to the store. "Peter, are you home?" Percy calls.

"In my room," Peter replies softly. Percy slowly walk to his cousin's room and slowly opens the door.

"Holy schist!" Percy exclaims seeing the condition Peter is in. His cousin is laying on the floor covered in blood, "what happened?"

"I..." Peter falters.

"Peter, you need to tell me what's wrong, I can't help you if you keep secrets from me," Percy pushes even though he already knows what's wrong.

"You can't tell May, she would freak out, and you know if she freaks out then I'll freak out," Peter whispers hysterically.

"Ok, calm down I won't tell May, just tell me what's wrong," Percy says.

"I...I'm Spider Man, and I tried to stop the bank robbery...and he shot me. I got shot Percy...I could've died!" Peter exclaims getting hysterical.

"It's ok, it's ok," Percy says hugging his cousin.

"Are you going to tell May?" Peter asks.

"Of course not, because I've got my own secrets," Percy says debating what he should tell Peter, "I'm Riptide."

"No way, are you serious...how?" Peter asks.

"Tell you later, first we've got to clean you up. You've got to trust me on this," Percy explains.

"Ok, I trust you," Peter replies. Percy takes out a water bottle and slowly levitates the water over to Peter. The water wraps around Peter's torso, and to Peter's amazement he sees his chest healing, "Whoa," Peter exclaims in awe. Soon, the wound in healed and Percy brings the bloody water over to the sink and lets it drain away. "That was amazing!" Peter exclaims when Percy returns, "How did you do that?"

"I don't really know, I'm a mutant or something. The summer camp that I go to every summer, that's a camp for kids like me. There we train and learn to control our powers," Percy explains.

"What happened when you disappeared for six months and Aunt May and Uncle Ben didn't even really notice you were missing?" Peter asks.

"Yeah that was the Mist, you're clear-sighted, but it's basically magic that creates illusions, some kids have the ability to manipulate it. However, some people, like you, are clear-sighted so you can see through it," Percy explains, "One last thing I need you to swear on River Styx that you're not going to tell anybody without my permission. This swear is a true binding spell, if you break it you will die," Percy says grimly.

"Ok," Peter says slowly, "I swear on River Styx I won't tell anybody about Percy's secret unless he allows it."

"Thanks," Percy says as thunder rumbles in the distance.

"Peter, I'm home! Is Percy back yet? Help me carry the groceries into the kitchen," May calls from the hallway.

"I'm here, we're coming," Percy replies, "Remember, you can't tell anyone," he whispers to Peter before leaving the room. Peter gets and follows his after a moment's hesitation.

June 2016

Peter exits the elevator his head bopping along with the music as he walks to his apartment. When he reaches the right door, he takes out his keys and opens the door. "Hey May," Peter calls.

"Hey," May replies, "How was school today?" she asks as Peter sets his bag down.

"Ok," Peter replies, "There's this crazy car parked outside," he says as he realizes who is in the living room with his aunt.