2016 Part Four

September 2016

Percy walks down the hall of the Aquarium quietly talking to all of the fish. Suddenly his phone rings, it's Tony Stark. "Hello?" Percy asks picking up, "The Staten Island Ferry...right now?...Yeah, I'm on my way."

The demigod rushes to the nearest bathroom and quickly Vapor Travels and changes into his suit. Percy then Vapor Travels to the ferry and finds it cut in half and filling up with water. Peter is swinging between the two halves and webbing them together. He finally lands and Percy walks over to him. "What the Hades to do think you're doing Spidey? You're supposed to be in school!" Percy exclaims.

"I was trying to stop the weapons deal!" Peter protests.

"I told you, I would handle it!" Percy exclaims.

"Congratulations Peter, you were 98% successful," Karen says.

"98?" Peter asks. Suddenly, a web snaps and soon the ferry is falling apart again. "No, no no!" Peter shouts watching his handy work fall apart.

"Pete, step aside, I got this," Percy says quickly closes his eyes and holds his hands out. The water stops flowing into the ferry and starts moving the two halves back together. Suddenly, Iron Man lands next to the duo and Peter gulps.

"Hi Spider-Man," Tony says patronizingly, "band practice, was it?" A bunch of metal circles attach themselves to the side of the boat and help Percy push the sides together.

"Yeah Iron Man and Riptide!" a man exclaims causing everyone to clap for the two Avengers. Iron Man flies below deck and starts fusing the boat back together as Percy gets all the cars safely back on the ferry.

"Uh, Mr. Stark," Peter calls racing after the billionaire, "Hey Mr. Stark can I do anything, what do you want me to do?"

"I think you've done enough," Tony replies bluntly before flying off.

Percy finds Peter sitting on a rooftop as Iron Man flies over, "Previously on Peter screws the pooch, I tell you to stay away from this. Instead you hacked a multimillion-dollar suit, so you could sneak around behind my back doing the one thing I told you not to do," Tony argues.

"Is everyone ok," Peter asks timidly.

"No thanks to you," Tony replies sternly.

"No thanks to me!" Peter argues walking towards Iron Man, "Those weapons are out there and I try to tell you about it, but you didn't listen. None of this would have happened if you would just listen to me!" Peter scoffs, "If you even cared you would actually be here."

The suit opens and much to the shock of Peter, Tony is there, "I did listen kid, who do you think called the FBI, huh?" Tony starts, "Do you know that I was the only one who believed in you, everyone else said I was crazy to recruit a 14-year-old kid..."

"I'm 15," Peter interrupts.

"No this is where you zip it all right!" Tony exclaims angry, "The adult is talking. Now what is somebody had died tonight. Different story right, 'cause that's on you. And if you died, then I feel like that's on me, I don't need that on my conscience," Tony says guilting Peter.

"Yes Sir..." Peter starts.

"Yes," Tony stops him.

"I'm sorry, sorry..."

"Sorry doesn't cut it."

"I understand," Peter says on the verge of tears, "I just wanted to be like you."

"And I wanted you to be better," Tony sighs. They both look away, before Tony starts, "Ok it's not working out, I'm going to need the suit back."