Capítulo 30 (treinta)

Romano

The Sun shone through big windows, darting to my face and disturbing me from my lovely sleep. My eyes fluttered open, blinking a few times until they got used to my surroundings and I yawned, stretching despite wanting to get up and face another exhausting day.

The sheets shuffled as I stood up, throwing on the clothes that were scattered around on the wooden floor, making my way to the enormous see-through objects. They were cold and smooth under my fingers, a bit dirty as I noticed. The sea outside was calm nonetheless, sky spotless and the wind was rolling around happily; a perfect day for sailing.

I rushed out, a beaming smile on my face and gladness in my heart to be finally abroad, to finally be free and go see the rest of the world without any fears of getting caught. Javier greeted me, barking out a laugh and asking why was I so happy. Agueda stood by his side, gentle smile playing on her lips and everyone else was there, too.

Refreshing breeze played with my hair, sending a chill down my spine and filling me with excitement, ready for the next adventure I would face. Turning around, I gazed upwards to the helm only to see Antonio leaning over the near-by banister, eyes locked on the wide sea. His head lolled to the side, hair spilling over his forehead and his cold, emotionless emeralds now sparkled with feelings, a fond look sent my way. My heart skipped a beat, my cheeks heating up; the look was just for me, it was special and I could tell.

With Sun burning against my skin and the floor underneath me swaying gently I—

I gasped for air, eyes snapping open. I sat up rapidly, looking about me only to realize I was still hugged by the merciless cold of winter and not comforting warmth of Sun. The room was still dark and the coldness creeped under my skin, making me shiver and slightly scared. Or maybe anxious? Maybe just uncomfortable.

Hurriedly getting under the sheets again, I nuzzled into a ball to not let any more warmth out into the cold world around me. Sighing, my eyes closed again, hopping to see the ocean so realistically like before, to be able to feel the breeze, smell the water's salt. But nothing returned and I was only surrounded by cold darkness.

I shifted closer to the body next to me and—my thoughts came to a halt. Someone with me in the bed? I jolted upwards, breath hitched somewhere on the way up as I gazed down, seeing only a silhouette of the person but the strong and large hand resting over my waist made me blush, my heart beating faster and I laid down once more, nuzzling shyly to Antonio.

His chest went up and down in slow motions and I quickly relaxed against him, taking in the hotness that twinkled round him. He readjusted his head a little, sleeping nonetheless while my hand travelled across his chest, stopping where his heart beat. The vibrations were calming and the sound was like a symphony to my ears when I pressed against his breast. His hands clasped behind me, making me a bit surprised at the sudden movement.

"I can hear you thinking; what's up?" Either was it his attractive, raspy voice coloured with his accent or the fact he was awake, but I jumped slightly, the distance between us widening. He opened one of his eyes to stare at me, the emerald narrowing but all he did was to pull me closer and dip just a bit to nuzzle into the crook of my neck. His hot breath tickled my naked chest, crimson painting my cheeks and I thanked the God silently for the darkness around us.

I hesitated with my hand in the air; something inside of me wanted to desperately pat the brown locks but I felt too embarrassed to do so. Some of the soft strands of hair already tingled my fingers and with a deep inhale, my hand landed on top of Toni's head, just staying there like that for a while but then stroking him. He hummed happily, a smile forming against my skin and I smiled as well, repeating the strokes gently.