Capítulo 14 (catorce)

Elizabeta's PoV:

'Oh, here we go.'

Thanks to their bickering, I've realized their relationship would've never changed even after many years being separated. The two men, more like children, were in a heated conversation about nothing; just pushing each other's buttons in the morning.

My fellow friends, maids and the butler, stared at them in disbelief, not knowing what to do. They must've figured out they knew the other one, though. However, their shouts were seriously giving me a headache.

"What do you mean "staying for a few days" ?!" The Austrian I worked under barked, steam rolling out of his ears. "Dragging another two pirates and a sick boy here with yourself! Did you fall from the Moon, Antonio?!" The man in question growled out a reply, redness flashing through his face.

"Jesus Christ, you never change, Roderich! You've never known what's important!" I wasn't even able to follow their "conversation" anymore, for they were now just two machines spitting fire out of pure anger. A little voice suddenly made me turn my attention onto the short girl next to me who, surprisingly, actually looked worried.

"Fräulein Héderváry, werden Sie sie nicht aufhalten?" The young lady asked, fear of the two men getting wild creeping into her voice. Her eyes switched to the two persons in question before settling upon me again. I gave out a sigh and just nodded my head; I had to put an end to it anyway.

By walking closer, their scents filled my nose – the first one spicy and the other boringly neutral – and my eyes caught a glimpse of anger around their bodies. "Will you two already stop it?" I growled at the two. Their attention shifted to me, the younger's mouth closing shut at the sight of me. The other one, headstrong Austrian, just gave me a disrespectful glare, flames of wrath still dancing in his eyes.

My hands landed on my hips as I felt eyes of other people on me. I looked at them across the space between us, Toni's broad shoulders being their only shield. "Dies ist kein Theaterstück, auf das Sie starren können. Zurück an die Arbeit!" Stuttered apologies slipped from them as they all rushed to their own tasks, leaving us alone at last. However, I turned to the two boys, (yes, boys; not men), and I could've had sworn to God Himself they jumped out of anxiety.

With a soft smile that most certainly didn't reach my eyes, I mentioned with my hand towards the small study Antonio occupied yesterday for a brief moment. "Shall we go and discuss things?" I turned my back to them, footsteps of the three of us echoing off of the walls. 'Like adults,' flashed through my mind but I let it slip away before it could turn into a loud, bitter comment.

After we walked down the hall and the door shut closed behind me, I made them stand in front of me, my legs being pushed by a chair from behind. "And thus you two may talk now," with that, the soft fabric of the furniture sighed underneath me as I sat down. They shared a quick glance before looking at me but looked away once I gave them a cocky glance.

Time went by and neither of them spoke and I sighed; it seemed their conversation had no future. And yet, Roderich stood up from where he was sitting, walking over to a window and looked out from it. His hands were elegantly clasped behind his back, his broad shoulders stiff and all my heart screamed for was to just run to him and kiss the stress away.

For another heartbeat or two he didn't say anything, just stared onto the outside world until I heard him take a deep breath, as if his brain's decided something. "So," he began slowly, his voice on the very edge. Toni's head shot up but his shoulders were still rolled forward, back in a half-circle as his elbows rested atop his knees. "You came." Antonio only nodded, "It ought to seem I did."