neunzehn

"Hey remember when we where little and we used to think we were flying on here?" Josh laughed, directing his voice toward Tyler. He was swinging on a swing right next to him. Jenna was to the right of Tyler.

"Yeah." He responded, not feeling like talking. He enjoyed the company. It kept him distracted.

Jenna and Josh had been talking for awhile. They were at a park Tyler and Josh used to play at. Josh was talking about their childhood. Jenna enjoyed listening to the times Tyler was truly happy.

Tyler heard feet hiding the ground. The chains from the swing were jolting back when he looked up. Josh had jumped off the old swing. Tyler looked back down when Josh starting talking.

"Do you want to do something else? You don't seem up to this."

"No, no this is peaceful. You can get back on your swing."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

Josh was a little bit hesitant. He got back on. "Okay."

"I wish I knew you guys earlier." Jenna spoke.

"Oh you didn't miss much! We were crazy. You would've probably ran away from us."

"Ran away? Nah. You would be the ones running."

"How so?"

"I was obsessed with dolls and princesses."

"Oh yeah that is pretty terrifying."

The two laughed. The sound filled Tyler's ears. He started to overthink. He frowned at the thought of never being happy again. The two friends continued to talk and laugh around the brunet. Eventually, Tyler zoned them out.

You will never be happy.

Blurry, I will eventually. He talked back.

Why are you on their side now? Everyone else talks bullshit. When are you going to realize!

Shut up. I just want to think without you interrupting.

That's not going to happen.

Tyler-

Don't even try to speak, Jim.

Everything that comes out of you sounds almost as lame Tyler.

Wow. Rude.

Jim don't listen to them.

Listen to your own advise.

They're staring at you.

And?

What if they can hear your thoughts!

The only thing they can hear is Tyler's loud breathing.

Tyler held his breathe.

Now they're going to notice you not breathing!

I just can't win, can I?

No. Your whole life will be like this. It will get worse and worse until you can't handle it anymore. Then you give in and-

"Guys?" Tyler spoke frantically. "What are you talking about? Can I join?"

"What? Yeah of course!" Josh said.

Jenna grabbed his hand. "You are always free to join. We were talking about the fair and how everyone used to go as kids."

Tyler nodded. "I used to have fun there."

"Yeah!" Josh hit Tyler's arm. "Hey remember when we got kicked off of one of the rides."

"You got kicked off of one?!"

"Yeah! We kept going on this one ride- I don't remember what one it was- Do you?"

"Uh... I think it was that mini drop tower thing for kids. We were too big for it but I swear we went on it forty times in a row." He chuckled.

"Oh yeah!" Josh chuckled. "And we went on the big one after that and I threw up."

"Oh my god. I have never thrown up on a ride." Jenna added.

When was the last time you had a cigarette?

Tyler stopped talking. He suddenly noticed how long it has been since he even saw one. The pure thought of one made him crave to run away and find some nicotine.

Jenna took Tyler's hand in her's. She knew he was thinking too much. He needed to relax and not think.

"What if we went to the fair all together this year?" Jenna suggested.

Josh shot out of the swing again. His face was full of excitement. It quickly disappeared when he realized, "Its not even summer yet... Its not going."

"That is why I said this year, Josh."

Tyler snorted.

Jenna smiled at the two of them. She got out of her seat and held a hand out for Tyler. The brunet grabbed it lovingly.

"Its getting late."

"Yeah."

"Hey Josh did you ever hook up with that Debby girl?" Tyler asked randomly.

"Oh kinda. I called her once. We text over the phone a lot though."

"I ship it." Jenna said as they started to walk out of the park.

"Me too. I haven't seen her but go get 'em tiger."

Josh rolled his eyes. "Weren't you making fun of me for liking her last time we talked about this? Now you are encouraging me to "go get 'em"?

"Tiger. Don't forget tiger." She added.

"Jenna shut up."

"Don't talk to her like that."

"Tyler shut up."

"Don't talk to me like that."

Blurry then made a snarky comment but Tyler did his best to ignore it. They all walked out of the park and into Jenna's car. The three of them stayed the night at the Blacks.