Chapter 1

Harry
'Crap, crap, crap, I'm late,' I scold myself. I rush out of bed and quickly head to the washroom to freshen up. I have no time to shower, so I decided to put my hair up in a loose bun.

Damn it, no time for breakfast too. I quickly grab an apple and make my way out of my apartment.

Catching a cab is usually a pain in the ass, but luckily not today. I only have less than 20 minutes to get to the office, so I ask the cab driver to try to get there quickly. But I guess my luck just ran out, there's an accident blocking our way. I look at the time, shit 5 minutes. I quickly pay the cab driver, and decided to run the remaining two and a half blocks to work. I run as quickly as I can ignoring the looks everyone around me is giving me. 'I can do this, I can do this, almost there,' I chant to myself.

Finally I reach the building, I see the elevator doors starting to close so I yell out for someone to hold the elevator, "Please hold the elevator!" Thankfully someone heard me because I see the doors reopening. I rush in, while trying to catch my breath whilst saying 'thank you'.

"Tough night?" a familiar voice asks from behind me. I slowly turn around, and I am stunned into silence. Just my luck. It's my boss, Alexander Graham Harrington. Founder and CEO of Harrington Enterprises. The man I fell in love with at first sight. 2 years ago, straight out of college, I walked into this building applying as an executive secretary. Little did I know that I would meet the man who I've always dreamed of. My mom always told me that when I meet the right guy, I would know; and I knew. The first moment I laid eyes on Alex, I knew he was the one I'm going to spend the rest of my life loving.

"Ry, are you ok, Ry?" his voice breaks through my thoughts.

"Yes, sir, sorry sir, my alarm didn't go off and then there was an accident so I ran to get here on time, it won't happen again sir," I say quickly.

He looks at me with amusement in his eyes.

"It happens, next time just call Magda and let her know you're running late. We're here. Why don't you take a few minutes to freshen up in the ladies room and I'll see you in my office after."

I wish the floor would swallow me whole right now, I must look a fright. "Thank you sir." I follow him out the elevator and went straight to the ladies room. I look at my self in the mirror and I groan. Shit! I quickly wash my face and wipe it dry. I take my hair out of my bun and redo it. I quickly put some powder on my face, and mascara on my eyes, and lip gloss on my lips. I look at myself again in the mirror and feel a lot better.

As I make my way to Alex's office, I greet Magda a good morning.

"Good morning Magda!"

"Good morning Harry, you can go right in," she smiles warmly at me, and I smile back at her. I've always adored Magda. She's an amazing lady.

I walk into Alex's office and he's on the phone. He motions for me to sit. His face is hard and tensed, like it always is when he's conducting business. He's always in control and you can tell that it's the reason why he's so powerful and successful.

"Ok, I look forward to it." He ends the call then looks up at me. His face softens and I can see a hint of humour in his eyes. "Much better" he says.

I can't help but blush. "Thank you."

He gives me a curt nod and says "Anyways, I want you to prepare the private plane, we're flying to Paris for a week for some business."

"I'm sorry sir, but did you say we?" I'm surprised because he usually brings a date with him during his trips, which always breaks my heart, but I've grown to accept. I've always known that those women mean nothing to him.

"Yes, I said we," he says.

"But aren't you going to take Anya with you? I mean you usually bring a date with you."

"Anya and I are no longer together, but that's beside the point. I don't have time to find someone to accompany me, besides this will be strictly business and I need your expertise. Plus, I know that you've always wanted to go to Paris, so why not hit two birds with one stone?"

I am shocked, how did he know? I've always wanted to go to Paris. It's where my parents met and fell in love. " of course sir, I'd be glad to accompany you, I'll have the plane ready by tomorrow at 8am sharp."

"Good, now after you arrange all our needs, I want you to take the rest of the day off to go shopping."

"Shopping, but I have clothes sir, surely the ones I have will do," I say.

"Do you have any formal dresses?" he asks me, and I shake my head.

"We'll be attending a few functions and I want you to be ready for those, so I'll have Rodger, drive you to Belisse. I already called Angie in advance, she'll take care of all your needs." he says with finality, and all I could do was nod.

"Good, I'll pick you up at 7:15 am tomorrow"

I nod. As I turn to leave, he calls me, "Ry"

I turn towards him. "Yes sir"

"Next time leave your hair down, you look more beautiful with your hair cascading past your shoulders."

I stare at him in shock, not knowing what to say, I give him a quick nod and turn to leave.

Alex
I watch as Harry's face turn red. She was so adorable when she turns shy. She looked so disheveled this morning in the elevator, but she still managed to look beautiful to me. I knew she was shocked to see it was me in the elevator. She was blushing due to embarrassment and I couldn't help but be amused.

For the past 2 years since she walked into my office applying as my executive assistant, I have fought my attraction towards her. I know that she was the forever type of girl, and I am not a forever kind of guy. Love are for fools. Love makes you weak and destroys you. I promised myself never to fall in love. I know from the first moment I saw here, that she was the type to dream of having a family, so I kept my distance. She's an excellent secretary and I don't want to lose her just because I can't keep it in my pants.

I still remember how beautiful she looked with her long wavy auburn her cascaded past her shoulders, and her green eyes with specks of gold. I was captivated by her beauty, and even more captivated by her intelligence. I knew she was the one and I hired her on the spot. Although at times I'm not sure if I made the right decision. It's a tough battle fighting my attraction to her...and I just lost that battle this morning when I asked her to go to Paris with me. I could have easily asked anyone to accompany like I usually do, but I know that Harry has always wanted to go to Paris so I decided to take her with me instead. I know that she was surprised that I knew that. Little did she know, I overheard one of her conversations with Magda, and I never forgot the dreamy look on her face and the excitement in her voice as she told Magda her wishes.

The reason why I've always avoided taking her, is because I know that I will just be putting myself in front of temptation. It's like dangling fresh meat in front of a starved lion. Therefore, I resorted to bringing dates with me during my business trips. But I can't deny myself any longer. I want Harry. I want her in my bed, and I always get what I want.