Chapter 12

After Natasha got off her train, the thought of Eden coming over for a date was all Nat could and wanted to think about. She wouldn't say she was nervous, but judging from her pacing and checking multiple times to make sure that everything was in place, she clearly was.

Many times she walked to her fridge, checking to see if she had enough eggs, or to see how much milk she had left. Did she make sure to get the chicken so that Eden can make her favorite meal? Is that what Eden said she'd make? God, what if she made a fool of herself again? What if—

Two gentle knocks rang through the apartment, shocking Nat from her mental freak out. She quickly wiped the sweat from her brow before going to open it and let Eden in. The black haired woman smiled and hugged Natasha before walking and making herself at home like she was used to doing.

"How was work?" Natasha asked, closing the door and walking over to her, wrapping her arms around her waist from behind. Eden chuckled and turned her head, kissing Nat's cheek.

"Rest of work was fine. I could tell that Jeff wanted to spew some more shit, but after that glare you sent the entire bullpen, he didn't dare open his mouth." Natasha smiled.

"Good. I didn't want him or anyone else to meet the Black Widow."

Eden turned around and circled her arms around the back of Natasha's neck. "You know I've met the Black Widow, right?"

Natasha laughed loudly and kissed her forehead. She pulled away and started walking towards the kitchen. Eden followed her and hopped on the island counter, watching as Natasha grabbed two glasses and a bottle of wine. Nat came up beside her, placed the glasses down and began pouring. Handing Eden her glass, she moved and stood in front of her and between her legs, her hands resting on the counter on either side of Eden's legs.

"Oh baby, you have never once met the Black Widow. If you have, you wouldn't be alive right now."

"Tell me. How is she different from Natasha?" Eden leaned in real close, her lips hovering above Nat's, teasing her for a kiss. Natasha smirked and nuzzled Eden's nose with her own.

"Well, for starters, she's not as merciful as me. She isn't as forgiving and holds a grudge for like ever. She's much more dominant than me and when she's in charge, you better listen to her and what she wants, or she'll make you regret it."

"What else?"

"Not only is she the one in charge, but she likes being in charge."

"Really?" Eden bit her lower lip and raised her right brow suggestively.

"Oh yeah, she loves it. Helps her make up for the shit she had to go through early in life."

Eden placed her glass down on the counter off to the side and brought her hands up, rubbed Natasha's arms, and moved them to hang loosely around the back of her neck. Her smile was soft as well as her eyes and Natasha leaned forward more and pressed her lips to Eden's in a soft and gentle kiss.

"I'm proud of you, you know." Eden twirled a strand of Natasha's hair around her finger. Natasha looked up at her into her eyes and frowned. "I'm proud that you didn't let that life consume you. That you allowed yourself to become a better person. You're such a good person, Nat. So good."

Natasha shook her head and pulled away, though she still stood between Eden's legs. She rested her hands on the tops of her knees and hung her head, shaking it.

"I'm not good, Eden. I've got too much red in my ledger. I'm trying to wipe it out, but...can I wipe out this much red?"

Eden pulled Natasha back to her, resting her head against her chest, her own hand moving to cradle the back of Nat's head, and kissed the top of her head right against her hairline. Natasha didn't immediately return her embrace, her hands still sat against her knees, but only after a few seconds of Eden holding her did she return it, moving her hands from her knees to wrap around her waist.