Chapter 9

Nat [1:46] Hey, so I was thinking...

Eden [1:47] Uh oh. That's troubling ;)

Nat [1:48] >:p

Eden [1:50] uwu

Nat [1:53] wth? what's that supposed to mean lol?

Eden [1:54] You're cute when you're angry ;)

Eden [1:55] So what were you thinkign?

Nat [1:56] How about we go out tonight? Like as a date?

Natasha bit her lip and bounced her leg nervously as she waited for Eden's response. Grunts and sounds of pain, surprise, and victory shot out from all points of the room and swirled around the redhead, infiltrating her headspace. She let out a sigh, blowing out the air with such a dramatic force that the few strands of hair that escaped her ponytail lifted into the air and danced in the small breeze.

Eden [1:59] A date? Oooh, Natasha Romanoff, you hopeless romantic, you! Aren't you just the sweetest teddy bear? 😘🤗

Nat [2:00] shut up

Eden [2:01] But Nat, you're being sweet! And it's cute! Usually I'm the sweet one!

Nat [2:02] STOP! I am NOT sweet! I am strong!

Natasha laughed to herself, watching as the three dots of Eden's response blink at the bottom of her screen.

Eden [2:03] Yes you are, sweetie. You are the strong one. You're so strong.

Nat [2:03] While I appreciate your compliment, thank you btw, why do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

Eden [2:04] It's possible that there was such a hint...but it's nothing that you can prove.

Nat [2:05] If you don't stop being mean to me, I'm going to change my mine and sit at home by myself eating your favorite pizza while binge watching The Great British Bake Off.

Eden [2:05] NOOOOOO!

Eden [2:06] YOU WOULDN'T!

Nat [2:06] Try me ;)

Eden [2:07] 😱

Eden [2:07] YOU MONSTER!

Nat [2:08] You gonna stop?

Eden [2:09] yeah...

Nat [2:10] Don't do that...

Nat [2:11] Eden?

Nat [2:12] Eden??

Nat [2:13] EDEEEEEENNNNN!!!

Nat [2:14] Why are you ignoring me??? Did I go too far? I promise I won't watch The Great British Bake off without you. You know I could never do that. You make it so much fun and worth watching. Please answer me.

Natasha's heart started to beat fast and hard in her chest, her nerves getting the best of her. Had she accidentally hurt Eden? Offended her without even realizing? Acted too hard and too strong and now Eden didn't want to deal with her? She clenched her hand into a tight fist, her knuckles whitening and her nails digging into the soft flesh of her palm.

She teared her eyes off her phone and looked around the training room, hoping—seeking for a distraction. Her eyes naturally fell onto Wanda, paying attention to her movements, quick and precise. The little Witch flailed her arms, wisps and tendrils of scarlet energy swirled around the room, surrounding around the practice dummies, hoisting them into the air and taring them apart.