Day

Recap of previous part: Anden decides to hold a competition for a wife, even though he already has the princeps elect. June is chosen and calls Day. Day is on his way to her house.

I walked, alone, in the rain. It beat down on me, it was like it hated me. Well I sure did hate it. I hate everything right now. I just can't- Anden- ugh I'm so confused and angry. I shifted my gaze down to the ground. It was slick wet, I was surprised I didn't trip and fall right on my face. June's house was only 2 streets away from mine, yet this walk seemed like it took centuries.

I finally reached the door. I knocked. Twice. I saw the door knob turn and then the door open.

"Day!" She reached forward for a hug.

"It's ok. It's ok." I tried to comfort her. We walked inside.

I closed the door behind me. June shivered from the rain. I sighed. We sat down on her couch.

"I'm NOT going to enter this competition!" She cried in frustration.

"I know. I don't want you to either" I quietly replied. I didn't know what to do or say.

"I'm going to find a way to get out of this" she said. I didn't know how she can go from crying in frustration to looking determined as ever in a matter of seconds.

"We will."