June

4 months later.

I walk down the isle with Metias at my side, he promised he'd explain soon, but for now, I was happy.

I look up through the veil to see Day, in a crisp black suit.

He looked beautiful, was all I could think.
He's growing out his hair, I thought and my heart gave a little jab.

He grinned at me with that grin that I loved all of those years ago.
All those years ago.

I smile back, being the radiant bride that I was supposed to be today.

Then I look down at my luxurious gold dress, lace dancing up and down the front, and think of my hair, how it was twisted into intricate buns with bright golden pins to match the dress.

I was almost there now, and I was nervous as hell.

June Iparis and Day Wing.

Finally we could be together.

"Good luck, Junebug" Metias whispered in my ear.

I finally reached Day and Metias left my side and floated towards the other side of the room, leaving Day and I alone in the center.

My mind was unfocused while we said the I Do's, but then I heard it, I heard the words that I've been waiting to hear ever since I met this boy, this beautiful boy with the bright blue eyes with the small imperfection, the boy with the blond hair, the boy with the wonderful smile, the boy that saved me so many times, the boy that I led a rebellion with, the boy that I knew would tear up the world for me. The boy that forgot me, and then remembered. The boy that I love.

"You may kiss the bride."