June

I can't believe I've actually seen, talked to Day!

I lay in bed that night, thinking, my mind analyzing, like it always seems to do.

Day, the love of my life, I can't bear it. Seeing him again is going through the pain all over again. But I can take it, if it means I get to spend time with Day, my Day, the boy that walks in the light.

I finally drift off to a dreamless sleep.

A beeping sound wakes me up in the middle of the night. It's Anden calling. I wonder what's wrong. Anden wouldn't call me in the middle of the night if it wasn't important. I answer.

"Hello?", I said.

"Hey. I have news about Day!", he said very quickly.

Wait, Day? Was he hurt?

"He's back in the hospital!", Anden said excitedly.

A tear went down my cheek and I felt like screaming. WHY WAS DAY IN THE HOSPITAL?!? WHAT HAPPENED?!? I silently screamed to myself.

"Why are you so happy about that?!?" I nearly was screaming at Anden now.

I knew he was jealous of Day, but not this much to be happy that he was back in the hospital. My mind was thinking of every single possible scenario of what could happened to Day. No I needed to stop.

"Why is he in the hospital", I said straining to calm myself down.

"To get surgery to remember his past", he said very slowly this time.

My heart screamed. The little teenage girl part of me filled with joy. Day, would remember, remember me, remember us. After that call, I really couldn't fall asleep.