chapter twenty

Author's Note : I've been really busy with school and not to mention that the inspiration to continue writing this story went pretty low. But we are almost towards the end of it and I think all of you deserve to see what happens at the end, so I'm doing my best with tackling the process of writing for this website and for AFF for my KPOP stories. This chapter is basically revealing what's really going on with Ron, but we would get more details later on. Hope you guys enjoy!

(Reese)

An hour has passed since we've been waiting for the doctors to say something. She already knew that Connie and her family were on their way, since they consider them family as well. Nana has been desperately trying to find out some answers at the front desk, but the nurse kept saying the same thing. We had to wait until the doctors come out of the room with the patient. 

My eyes adverted to my feet as Nana made her way back to the chair beside me, sighing as she sat back down.

"Why?" I asked. "Why didn't you tell me something was wrong?" 

Nana fidgeted with her hands and swallowed thickly. Even though I was upset I could never resent my grandmother, she has done a lot for me. And it was already getting late, it would be childish of me to act in such a way.

"It has been my job to take the both of you, it has always been," Nana told me. "When I took Ron to the peditrician a few months back, they made sure to tell me that he was diagonosed with diabetes. I kept thinking to myself because I was the guardian and I was capable of taking care of him. You would be great additional help, but you must remember that you're still young too."

The tear I have been holding in has now fallen down my cheek. It was both relief and disappointment at the same time. Relief because it could have been something more worse and disappointment because as his sister, I should have saw it.

Nana looked over in my direction and placed her hand over mine, giving it a comforting rub."Ron would be able to live his life normally, no need to worry sweetie."

"We can't be so sure about that grandma," I cried. "Life isn't something that's always guaranteed."

"That little boy has been dealing with this for months and has been doing phenomonal. If he can last that long, he can get through this." She said softly, kissing the top of my forehead. I leaned my head on her shoulder and closed my eyes as she rubbed my back, but it was soon stopped when we heard someone say nana's name.

Nana rose up from her seat and my head shot up, Connie's parents both standing in front of my grandmother, and began asking her questions. They hugged and started to talk quietly, as Connie came towards me.

"I'm sorry about your brother.." 

"I should have known, Ron always tell me things." The fact that the little guy never bother telling me was what made me shocked, but it seems like he never really had the chance to do so. I've been spending a lot of time with Luke lately, its been hard to keep up with everything.

"Your nana told me and Irene a few weeks earlier," She rubbed her arm nervously, placing a hand on my back. "She knows how much you bust your back to help people, it was only right that you got something for yourself."

"That saying doesn't just go by when were in a situation like this," I replied. "I would have busted my ass more to get him properly taken care of, nana can't do this by herself. She'll get tired." 

"I'm not going to tell you that you're wrong because its right to stay by your brother's side, but I still agree with your grandmother."

"About what?" I shot at her.