chapter ten

(Reese)

I woke up to the sound of someone saying my name.

The familar smell of Vanilla filled the air and as I rubbed my eyes, I can see a girl with long, dark brown hair.

It was Connie.

"Can you shut up? You're kind of giving me a headache right now.." I groaned, covering my eyes.

"Hm..I never had a hangover. What does it feels like?" She said curiously.

I cocked an eyebrow at her, giving her a puzzled expression.

"What the hell are you talking about? I never had anything to drink last-night.." I mumbled.

"Actually you had a lot..and some other people as well. You wouldn't believe this, but Ashton called me  around 5 this morning and said someone spiked Calum's punch bowl at the party." 

I soaked in the information, trying hard to remember what all happened at the party. The last thing I can remember is dancing with Luke, and that's about it. Wait, I was dancing?!

"OH MY FUCKING GOD, I WAS DRUNK!" I shouted.

"Did you remember anything?" She asked.

"I remembered dancing with Luke, and I specifically told him I didn't want to dance at the party. I probably made myself look like a complete idiot in front of him." My heart started to beat fast and my hands began to get sweaty, I was a nervous wreck.

"Actually, he and Ashton help me bring you here." 

I snapped my head back towards her.

"He did?" I asked in disbelief.

Connie nodded.

"You are really vulnerable when you're drunk..." She chuckled.

"Oh god.." I groaned, making her laugh even more.

"You kept telling Luke you wanted him to stay with you. Of course he couldn't, but he brought you in and laid you down..."

My cheeks turned to color scarlet of imagining Luke doing all the things for me. He didn't even have to. Connie must have saw how flustered I was, causing her to smile.

"He was really worried about you." She told me.

"I-I just d-d-on't know w-what to say.." I stammered.

My hands slightly shook, making Connie grabbed them.

"I know its hard to believe that he did that for you, but he cares about you. I think its about time you tell him how you feel?"

I stood up, and started to pace around.

"I can't do that, Connie. It's like whenever we hang out its fun, but when it comes to relationship stuff I get all nervous and can't even make eye contact with him." 

I want him to genuinely care about my feelings if I ever decide to tell him.

"Luke's a great guy, I know if you guys ever try something out it would be something good." Connie told me.

I didn't want to talk about anything that has to do with Luke & me taking our new "friendship" to another level...I just couldn't.

"Can we just get ready for school?" Connie started ramble on and on about Luke, as I just got out of the bed and ran into the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

(Luke)

"Dude, she grounded me for a month. Not to mention she brought about 100 books and articles about the affects of alcohol. It's torture!" Calum screamed dramatically, the boys and I laughing.

The whole punch bowl ended up getting spike last night, meaning it was incredibly hard for Calum to get everyone out of his house. In order to be on the safe side he just let everyone crash there, before his parent got back. But once his parents found a large empty bottle of vodka by the pool, he ended up geting grounded. Meaning that our performance at the park was going to have to wait until next month.

"I texted Connie about who she thinks spiked the bowl, but she has no clue." Ashton mentioned.

"How's Reese?" I suddenly asked.

Ashton grinned.

"Wouldn't you like to know, Romeo." 

I closed my eyes, placing my hand on top of my forehead.

"Please don't tell them..." I groaned.

"Tell us! Tell us!" Calum & Michael squealed, sounding a bit like two elves.

"Lukey here, took good care of his girl last night. He carried her in, put her into bed, and did I mention he sung to her?"

Michael and Calum chuckled, as I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"You sung her a song?" Calum said, raising an eyebrow.

"It was only meant for Ashton to know, but since I know he can't keep his mouth shut i'm not telling him anything else!" I said.

"You were too happy about it last night in the car, I just had to say it." Ashton giggled.

"Wow..you really like this girl, don't you?" Michael spoke.

"I-I...I do." 

I have been indenial about how I feel about Reese, but I just can't hide it anymore. She was different. All the other girls I've talked to clearly think about their self all the time, but she actually thought there were more important things in the world instead of always wondering how she looks or what people think about her. She had this big amount of independence, and its attractive.

"But I don't think she's interested." I mumbled.

"I like her, you should go for it. It's good that you never got with golden vagina over there." Ashton told me, nodding over to Riley.

"First off, I never slept with Riley and dude you seriously need a filter on your mouth." I chuckled.

"I have been told that before." Ashton grinned, shrugging his shoulders.

"Hey, maybe you should invite her to the bonfire at the beach tomorrow." Calum suggested.

"You mean..as a date?" I questioned.

"No, as a scavenger hunt for marshmallows..YES a date you nipwit!" Ashton told me.

I have never been nervous to go on a date with a girl. Mainly because I knew the girl had the exact same feelings for me, and considering that I was never the one to ask them...they just come and I say 'yes.' The pressure of asking Reese out is that there's a good chance she might reject me.

"What if she say no?" I said worriedly.

"You'll never know unless you try."