chapter fourteen

Author Note : Sorry I haven't updated in so long. I had A LOT going on. I ended up failing my Alegbra class in 2nd semester, I just got a dog for Christmas, my grandmother is in the hospital and etc; I was pretty upset about me failing the class because it was for a stupid reason, and some of you might of seen me have my breakdown on my profile page. And for anyone that responded with such kind words, thank you. But since you guys have been incredibly supportive with this story and have got it to 14 thousand reads is just insane, thank you so much.

(Reese)

The sound of Billy Joel played from grandma's radio, as we all worked on getting the Thanksgiving food finish. We always end up working on the food early, since grandma likes to make sweet potatoe pies for the neighbors and anyone that decide to drop by. Connie is helping as well, since her parents aren't starting until its almost close to Thanksgiving.

"So..you never mentioned how you & Luke got together." Connie grinned, opening a can of yams.

I sighed.

Luke & I have only been getting really close ever since that kiss, and Connie can't help but be so nosy about everything. We agreed that we aren't going to make it official until we are both ready, so we are basically just friends..that kiss..and hug?

"There's not much to tell..we just getting to be close friends, It's no big deal." I replied.

"Reese got a boyfriend.." Ron teased, making kissy faces at me.

Nana closed the fridge and smiled at me.

"Is it that boy from the bakery?" She questioned.

I nodded.

"You never told me you were interested in this boy." Nana told me.

"I..uh..I just realized it last night." I stammered.

"She's been in love with him since we were young." Connie mumbled.

Nana's face turned into shock, as I shot daggers at Connie, who was now mouthing an apology to me.

"You've been like this boy and you never talked to me about it?" Nana said, a hint of disappointment in her voice.

"I never knew you cared. Besides, he never noticed me before..so there really wasn't nothing for me to say about him." I said quietly.

"Does Luke like sweet potatoe pie?" She asked me.

I shrugged.

"I'm not sure." I said.

"Well..were going to have to see when we have our dinner tomorrow, because I want you to invite him." She announced.

"I'm sure he'll probably be busy with his own family." I quickly responded.

"Speak to him about it..we'll be delighted to have him." She said softly, giving me a small smile before she went upstairs.

(Luke)

"Honey..Calum's on the phone." Mom bellowed from downstairs.

"Coming!" I shouted.

I placed my phone on the dresser in my room and jogged downstairs, to see Mom holding the house phone in her hand. I took it from her and held the phone to my ear.

"What's up, mate?" I said.

"I think my parents hate me." He stated.

I chuckled.

He always said this when his parents embarrass him or never let him have his way. Calum just needs to admit he's a diva.

"What is it this time?" I said with a grin.