chapter eleven

Author's Note: First off, I want to apologize for my absence to this story. I've been desperately trying to bring my grades up for some of my classes, and I really needed to focus extra hard for that. Its a bit difficult. I tried to write a chapter while I was busy, but I kept getting the results I didn't want for the chapter so I just quit and decided to do it when my head was straight. 

This chapter is mainly a filler (that's why its so short), but on Tuesday i'm picking up right where this chapter leaves us. 

Also, I hope all of you enjoyed 1D Day! My computer wasn't working so I missed two hours of it, and the lights went off in the whole neighborhood, so I missed a lot and only got to see the Jerry Springer part :( But I really liked it and I hope they do another one of those things :D 

As for today, don't forget to watch One Direction & Imagine Dragons (love them!) on the AMAs. 

Love you guys :) xx

*TWO DAYS LATER*

(Reese)

"Alright kids, its break time!" 

Everyone went to their own corners of the room, and started hanging out. This was our last dance class, since Thanksgiving break starts tomorrow.  I have the feeling that they are going to have so kind of improvement and better understanding once we get back. 

As for me....I don't really know what i'll be doing on the break. Connie has told me multiple times that Ashton has told her that Luke's been looking for me, but what they don't know is that I'm trying to avoid him. It wasn't because i'm shy, it was because Luke has found an interest in me..and i'm desperately trying to save him the embarrassment.

"Hey Reese.."

My head went up to see Alex. 

"Hey sweetie, what's up?" I asked, squatting down to her height.

"I don't mean to bother you..but my brother wanted me to give this to you." 

She handed me a piece of folded paper.

I hesitated.

"What is it for?" I asked shakily.

"I tried to peek at it a billion times, but he told me not to.." She told me.

Alex was still holding out the paper, so I took it from her hands.

I slowly unfolded it and started to read it,

I been trying so hard in class and around school to get your attention

but it seems like the timing is always off. But I actually had this crazy idea in my head

that you were trying to avoid me. If you are though, I just want you to know that I think

you're amazing and was hoping that you would go to this bonfire with me tonight

at the beach. It'll mean the world to me.. 

Luke :)

A small smile fell upon my face.

I have to admit...the fact that he said it would mean the world to him gave me a bit more reassurance that he is serious about liking me. But I could never get serious with a guy like this.

"What did it say?" Alex asked curiously.

"I-It said happy thanksgiving." I replied.

Alex scoffed.

"Luke is so lame. Anyone can see he's so thirsty." 

I laughed at her statement, and tucked the note inside the pocket of my red sweatpants.

"Happy thanksgiving, Reese." She told me.

"You too, honey." I said.

Alex nodded her head and went to go back to her friends, but I called her name before she left.

"Yes?" She questioned.

"Can you tell your brother  the "feast" is definitely not on." 

Alex looked a bit puzzled.

"What feast?" She asked.

"Just tell him what I said..he'll understand." 

"Okay."