~Chapter 10~ Past

There's a time...
when you feel...
you are slowly...

Dying...

HELP ME!

I've learnt from the moment I was born that not everything would go my way

I've learnt from the moment I was born that not everything would go my way. No matter how hard I've tried... things just doesn't go as planned.

I was a kid with a cursed life... no- I was cursed.

My father... he left my mother and I. My mother... she died the moment I was born. But even so... I felt blessed because auntie Mitsuki brought me in, and I became a part of the Bakugo family.

They became my legal guardian, they fed me, provided shelter for me... and gave me a friend I've always wanted.

That was... until I turned four. It was supposedly the time when us kids get our quirk, Kacchan got his amazing explosion... but... I never got mine.

I'd like to think positively no matter what, so I just thought to myself... maybe it will come later? Soon? I hope my quirk is just as awesome as Kacchan's.

Maybe I'd get a quirk as awesome as All Might's! Then I can become a hero and save everyone with a smile-

How Naive

Auntie Mitsuki brought me to the quirk doctor right after I turned five. What if... I wouldn't have a quirk? Won't auntie Mitsuki kick me out then? I'd be an embarrassment to their perfect family... I... was cursed after all.

Then it was confirmed, my extra joint- it identifies a quirkless person. I knew deep down in my heart that it'd be hopeless, but... you couldn't just stop a person's dream.

I was very thankful that auntie Mitsuki allowed me to keep living with them, I felt so lucky to have a family.

But nothing lasts forever.

That night- that very day, auntie Mitsuki and uncle Masaru was held captive by some no name villains. I was awake that whole time, witnessed the heroes that had been standing on a side, refused to save the couple...

And one of the heroes...

was All Might.

That's when he was still at his prime, he could've saved auntie and uncle easily without breaking a sweat. So why? Why did he left them alone?

Yet... that naive and foolish me still had hope. That maybe All Might had his reasons for not saving them... a reason he just let two innocent souls die before him.

He might've let my guardians die... but... he still captured the villain, so it wasn't all that bad... right?

"A hero can't always save everyone, and I am very sorry for their lost." the incident was presented on the news, and that was exactly what he said.