~Prologue~ Deku

There was no such thing as perfect. That included me.

People said I was a bit too... over powering, people said I was strong. But you see... if there was only white in the world, the world might crumble. With only darkness, there would not be light. That was why, everyone and everything have a weakness, that goes without any exception.

No matter how strong I was... I would always have a weakness, and that was...

In my early stages of life, I had been told that I was useless, even the top hero agreed

I liked heroes a lot, they were the inspiration to my life, especially All Might. I had a room filled with his merchandise, I liked him a lot, even now. After all, he made me realise my goal in life.

You can't be a hero, that's the reality, was what he said. All of my dreams built up from childhood has shattered into tiny pieces.

No matter how big or how fearless a person was, they would always have had to fight in order to survive. And I could hear it... the tiny voice that has been echoing in my head.

That voice was screaming, but also seemed so distant. I could barely make out what it said, but it still managed to scream in my ear...
it isn't too late to turn back now.

Oh how I wish that was true, "...fifth..." but it was, it was already late.

I could feel my gaze staring down at the lifeless soul before me, my lifeless gaze showered upon the soul. It was too late, I couldn't be repaired anymore. All that has left was an empty nutshell.

I pitied the young boy in front of me. He had so much potential in life just to be crushed within my hands, a pair of filthy hands that has been stained by the blood of five young souls.

I could no longer turn back. After all... this was the path I chose to walk along, the path of a villain, the path of darkness.

"That was awfully quick for a rookie, you're a gifted kid." a man with stitched up face stood next to me, my mentor and friend.

He had taught me the ways of a villain, he was the one that gave me strength.

"It's nothing." I replied silently. My eyes showed no sign of life, everything in front of me were dull. The world in my eyes were black and white, it only consists of evil and virtuous.

"I got an appointment with the leader of the League of Villains, come with me." my mentor told me and without any hesitation, I walked after him. His name was Dabi, a dangerous man that hated flashy murders, he preferred everything to be done silently and efficiently.

Soon, I had arrived at a bar-like place. In front of us stood two man, one with hands over his body, the other with purple mist as his head. There was also a girl around my age who played with her dagger beside me.

I started my analysis towards the few people. It was too soon to assume their quirks, but knowing their personality could also be helpful. After all, the personality reflects one person's quirk and how they might use it.

I could feel the girl beside me growing impatient, she moved her dagger and briefly took a battle stance. She rushed forward without hesitation, smiling from ear to ear, "I want to see your blood."

The man with hands held onto the blade despite him haemorrhaging, the girl was grinning, satisfied. But the blade decayed, leaving the ashes to fall on the ground.

He destroys the things he touches... such a destructive power. That is... if he used that power correctly and logically, by the way he acted, he might be some sort of man-child... I'm fucking smart.

Thoughts ran through my mind and I decided.

"I asked you two here not to be killed... and I don't want the kid, I don't like him. He had been staring at me with this... this whatever face he has been making the whole time." the hand man lazily swiped his fingers in a circle, directing it to me.

"Decay... Warp... Transform..." I surprised everyone except for Dabi of course, I just listed their quirks without them actually activating it. If people didn't know, they might think it's my quirk...

They went silent as I stared out into the distance and tried to impress them, "five... I killed five of them... I killed five kids." my face was twitching, I could feel a murderous smile creeping into my skin.

Everyone would hesitate to kill a kid just because they were all vulnerable... and cute, it was only natural to feel that way. The fact that a kid killed... kids was something I felt like I should be proud of, and I was.

"If you're gonna ask about my quirk, just know that it's something amazing..." my whole body was shaking, it was a wonderful feeling.

"Midoriya Izuku... the child that went missing for days..." the warp man mumbled to himself, audible enough for me to hear.

I twitched again, "he was dead... he no longer lived... Midoriya Izuku... is dead." Smiling wider each time I spoke, my muscles went numb, but I kept smiling.

"Then... who might you be?" the blonde girl was intrigued, she pulled out yet another knife and licked her lips playfully.

I stared at her motionlessly in return.

...

...

...

"Deku."