Shopping

Shopping

            It’s been a little over a month since I told Padma that Draco might be the father of my baby and she was still the only one who knew. I was trying to not think about it as always and tried acting happy about the baby but it was hard. And the fact I wasn’t happy made the irritability from the pregnancy hormones greater and made me snap at George when I didn’t meant to. I felt horrible that he was dealing with all of this and it might not even be his baby. I was thinking about all of this when I woke up on Monday February sixth and it made me cry. George was such an amazing guy and he didn’t deserve me. He deserved someone who wouldn’t be pregnant with another guy’s child.

            The bedroom door opening made me try to muffle my crying but a hand touched my back and George said, “Claire, you’ve woken up almost every day for the past month crying. Are you going to tell me what’s going on?”

            I took a deep breath and said, “It’s nothing.”

            “It has to be something, Honey. You can tell me anything.”

            “I just had another bad dream.” I lied.

            “Did you take the dreamless sleep potion last night?”

            “Yes.”

            “And it didn’t help?”

            “Obviously not if I had a bad dream.” I said angrily and looked at his face. He had the hurt look on it like he always did when I snapped at him and I felt bad. “George, I’m sorry. I know you’re just trying to make me feel better and I just snap at you.” I cried harder and he pulled me into a hug.

            “Don’t apologize, Claire. I know it’s just the pregnancy. I just wish there was something I could do to stop the dreams and make you happy again.”

            My heart ached and I held him tightly. “I know. You’re such a great guy. I don’t deserve you.”

            He looked into my eyes and smiled softly. “You do too.” He kissed my lips. “I love you.” He released me and put his hand on my stomach; which had gotten bigger over the past month. “And I love you too.”

            “We love you too.” I told him and put on a fake smile as he kissed my lips again.

            “Are you better now?” He asked once our lips parted.

            I nodded. “Yes.”

            “Good.” He pecked my lips again then stood up. “I have to get to the shop. There’s breakfast for you in the kitchen.”

            “Ok.” I said and he left our room.

            I waited until I heard the front door close and then got up. The sweater I was wearing was snug against my body and my baby bump was showing quite well. It was big really and there was no way of even trying to hide it. I felt like I was getting bigger every day and that just meant it was getting closer for me to have the baby and find out who the dad was. Almost three months until that fact would be known. I sighed as I grabbed a pair of pants and a sweater and got them on. I went out into the living room and saw the breakfast George left me sitting there. It was a plate of sausage and eggs and I sat down to eat.

            Once I was finished, I washed the little dishes there were then left the flat to go to the shop. It was quiet, with only a few people in the shop, and George and Lee were laughing about something. That is until George saw me and a grin crossed his face. “There’s my beautiful girl.” He came over to me and wrapped his arms around me before kissing my lips. Our lips parted and he said, “Did you like the breakfast I made?”