Fighting with Draco

Fighting with Draco

            “Mummy!” Chris yelled and woke me up the next day. I sat up with my heart pounding and eyes wide as he threw his little body against mine. He was crying and burying his face into me. I held him tight and kissed his head.

            “What’s wrong, sweetie? What happened?” I asked; trying to keep my voice calm for him as I rubbed his back.

            He whimpered and looked at me with wet eyes and pouty lips. “I… had… a bad… dream.” He choked out and buried his face back into me.

            I held him close and rocked him gently. “It’s okay, Chris. You’re awake now and I’m going to protect you from everything.” I kissed his head again and kept comforting him.

            It took several minutes of comforting him to get him to calm down. Finally, I got him to go to sleep and I laid him on my bed and covered him up. I sighed as I got up and went to my closet and got dressed. I walked out and headed for the kitchen; thinking about my dream. George and I were together in it and it made me miss him more than I already did. I shook the thoughts away as I entered the kitchen and found Draco sitting at the table with letters in his hand. He looked up at me as I started getting breakfast ready.

            “You got a letter.” He said as he stood up and walked over to me. He handed me the letter and his face showed a hint of annoyance. I took the letter and looked at it. It was from Charlie and Selena. “I didn’t know you still talked to the Weasels.”

            I glared at him. “They’re my friends. They were good to me when you were an asshole. And you knew I was in contact with Charlie. I’ve never been out of contact with him.” I opened the envelope and pulled out what was inside. A smile crossed my face as I saw it was a wedding invitation. They finally set a date.

            “Are you going?” Draco asked and I looked at him. He was looking over my shoulder and I groaned.

            “Probably. It’s not like it’s your business or anything.” I grabbed a piece of parchment and started writing my R.S.V.P. to the wedding with details for me and Chris. “And I’m taking Chris.”

            He scoffed and laughed. “It’s definitely my business now if you’re going to take my son.”

            I sent the owl and looked at him. “Seriously? You’re going to do this? He’s going to see them. He’s not going to turn out like you. We made that decision.”

            “And you know how I feel about that decision. I hate it.”

            “And I hate you. But you’re his father and he unfortunately needs you. He for some reason loves you.” I got the eggs out and started making breakfast.

            “Watch it, Hufflepuff…”

            “Oh yes. That’s mature, Slytherin. You’re a real good example for your son.”

            “Better than some softy. You’re going to turn him into a wimp.”

            “I’d prefer that to you any day.”

            He hit me hard and I fell to the ground. I touched my cheek and knew that I’d have a bruise on my face. “Mummy!” Chris shouted and I watched him run over to me. My heart raced and I held him to me.

            “I’m fine, Chris.” I kissed his head and looked up at Draco. “Go. Now.” I said and rubbed Chris’s back; watching Draco leave the room.

            I sighed and got Chris calmed down once again and fixed him breakfast. I looked in the mirror in the hall and already saw a bruise forming. What was I to do though? I couldn’t leave. I’d have nowhere to go with Chris. I had to think of him and that meant staying with Draco. I sighed and sat down at the table and looked at Chris. If Draco ever hit him, I would leave. But I could take it. At least for now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry it's short and for the wait. It's spring break so I've been relaxing and couldn't really think for this chapter except for what happened. Next should be longer but you may have to wait. I'm gonna try for next weekend but we'll see. I have tons to write for school and coming up with an idea for a story for my creative writing class is quite difficult right now. And it's due this Wednesday. Thank god it's only a short story. Hopefully I'll get something up soon though. Please comment and vote.