Birthday Surprise

Birthday Surprise

            Chris jumping on my bed woke me up on my birthday and he had a grin on his face. “Happy birthday, Mummy!” He cheered and kissed my cheek.

            I laughed and held him close to me. “Thank you, sweetie.” I kissed his cheek. “I love you.”

            “I love you too.” He grinned and wiggled out of my arms. “Come on. I made you breakfast.”

            I creased my eyebrows. “What do you mean?”

            “Come on!” He said and ran out of the room.

            I got up and followed him into the kitchen. Sure enough, there was a breakfast of waffles, sausage, and toast on the table along with some orange juice. Chris just smiled at me and I walked over to him. “How did you manage this, buddy?” I asked and sat down.

            “The maid helped me. I got up real early and everything.” He said and I laughed.

            “Well, I love it.” I scooped him up and kissed his cheek as Draco entered the room.

            He sat down at the table and looked at me. We hadn’t really spoken since he hit me unless it was something simple. Other than that, no words were spoken. “Happy birthday.” He said and pulled out a box.

            I gave him a puzzled look and creased my eyebrows. “Thanks.” I said as I opened it. Inside was a simple silver bracelet. I just smiled and put the lid on it and started eating.

            After breakfast, I was cleaning up and Chris was taking a nap. Draco had gone to work so it was quiet for the moment. As I was cleaning, an owl came in with a package. It dropped it on the counter and flew off. I looked at the package curiously and opened it. There was a box and inside was a picture of George and I while I was pregnant with Chris. He was kissing my stomach and I had a smile on my face. Tears came to my eyes as I stared at the picture before seeing there was a letter as well. I took it out and opened it to see what it said.

            Dear Claire,

            Happy birthday. I thought you’d like this picture. I found it recently while cleaning the flat and thought of you.

            George

            Tears ran down my cheeks and I held the picture close. He remembered my birthday. He thought about me when he saw this picture. He thought about me. I sat on the floor and just cried for several minutes. The love I felt for him was intense now than it had been in years. I missed him. I missed him so much.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's short but it's just a filler chapter. Something for me not posting in a while. The next post might not be for 2 weeks as it's the end of the school year. Hopefully the next chapter will be longer because. Spoiler for next chapter: Draco and Claire fight.